ESET Licensing Terms - Contradiction

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Hollowstriker, Mar 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hollowstriker

Hollowstriker Registered Member

Hello,

I would appreciate if anyone could offer assistance regarding ESET's licensing terms as the FAQ seems to provide contradictory advice.

I have a Macbook running Mac + Windows (Bootcamp), and it is obvious that I can only run one OS at one time.

In the standard licensing FAQ, it clearly states that for International customers, I only need ONE license to use both ESET NOD32 AV for Windows and ESET Cybersecurity for Mac for my scenairo (FAQ Question 6).

However, the contradictory part is that in the ESET Cybersecurity for Mac FAQ here and here, it states that I need TWO seperate licenses instead (FAQ Question 11/Question 13 respectively).

So my question is, which is the correct version as per ESET's licensing terms? Would it not make sense that since I can only run one OS at one time, I would only need ONE license? (as per ESET's typical licensing terms).

NB: I actually also have a 3-user license for NOD32 and 3 macbooks, so this makes a huge difference as to whether I can use the existing license or if I have to buy seperate licenses- which makes it much less attractive for me to switch over to ESET from another AV vendor to protect my Mac OS.

EDIT: I reside and purchased my ESET product outside of North America and thus would be an "International Customer".

Thanks!

Last edited: Mar 20, 2011
  2. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

The reason you need 2 licenses is that ESET CyberSecurity for mac and ESET antivirus for windows are 2 different products.

If you had a dual or triple boot setup and all were windows, then you only need 1 licenses because the SAME license type works on all windows (all consumer versions).

But as the licensing for EAV and ECM are different, you need 1 license for mac - and one for the PC setup -they are different products and can not share the same license.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.