ESET licence monitoring

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by DonVa, May 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonVa

DonVa Registered Member

I asked a question recently about manual updates to virus definitions for ESS and was told it was not supported.

I don't particularly have an issue with this but I am concerned about the following statement in ESET's terms and conditions:

Does ESET monitor say the MAC address/IP address of the PC that is downloading the definitions or does it monitor say just that a license with key X has downloaded this definition 5 times before?

I often rebuild my PC, so if I then download the virus definitions again a few times will I fall foul of this policy?

I hope ESET is smarter than this and will say link the license key with an IP address or something?

i.e. "Machie with IP adress xxx.xx.xxx.xx has downloaded these definitions 10 times but we don't care as it's the same pc (and license)."

and not...

"This license key has been used to download these definitions 10 times therefore it must be 10 pc's."

Please tell me the smart version applies!

thanks

PS:
    If a licence is found to download the same signature more times than the licenced quantity

what does the avove mean anyway

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

There's no need to worry about this, we take into account that people may need to reinstall their OS.

3. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

mac address is hardware - os reinstall won't change that UNLESS you manually change it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.