Eset & Keysloggers / Potentially unwanted programs

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Cutting_Edgetech, Sep 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

Does Potentially unwanted programs have to be activated in order for Eset to detect Keyloggers? I've had this feature disabled for a long time due to Eset detecting Prevx in the past as a potentially unwanted program. It would clean Prevx from my machine, and i was not given an option to exclude Prevx as safe. They may have fixed this by now, but I had this happen twice after Prevx updated to a new build.

2. Brambb

Brambb Registered Member

I don't think PUA has to be enabled to detect the nasty keyloggers but as for 'legit' commercial keyloggers it has to be enabled. But someone may know better.

PUA should give you a yellow display (v4) which should always gives you the option to clean/delete or ignore. As for the Prevx detection I believe they were normal false detections, but I haven't seen a FP Prevx topic in a while now so I guess the two work nicer together now.

3. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

I'm going to enable it while running in shadow mode, and see if i have any problems with it wanting to fight with other legit programs on my machine. :)

4. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

I've been using Eset and Prevx together since March, and Eset has detection of both Potentially unwanted programs and Potentially unsafe programs on, and never detected Prevx.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.