ESET Kb User name and password

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by marty9876, Apr 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marty9876

marty9876 Registered Member

I feel so silly asking this, where does one obtain a user name for the ESET KB articles? I contacted support and they gave me the following link: http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOL2144

Says: Article Not Found; Try Logging In
    The article was not found, or is no longer available. Internal Users/Partners: You may need to login.

My ESET user name and password does not work and I can't seem to find where to register.

Thanks,
    Marty

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

maybe indeed was taken off because no longer relevant or needs amending or....
    What was it meant to deal with?

3. marty9876

ekrn.exe is running @ ~ 100% for first 3-4 minutes on user logins. Looking for a way to not have the AV run a scan when users first log in, or a way of throttling the scanning down. On v3, switched to smart scan no change.

Problem is these are demonstration machines in conference rooms and the AV is really bogging them down.

Also, on our SBS 2k3 server which is also hosting the ESET server the disk I/O for ESET is really high. Highest using app for disk I/O on that box by far.

4. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

5. marty9876

Are these settings possible to deploy from the server configuration? ESET Configuration Editor

6. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

7. marty9876

Yes, but on the server that is listed as empty but on the clients there are scheduled scans for regular auto update, auto startup file check user logon, auto startup sucessful update

8. Brambb

Brambb Registered Member

It is possible to do since startup scans always have the same ID (3 for login, 4 for after update).

Its much easier to configure a client first though. Make configuration changes on the client, export the configuration and use that as a template.

9. marty9876

If you edit and pull a client xml will that still contain the other features such as no splash screen set on the server configuration editor?

10. Brambb

Brambb Registered Member

Yes if you already have a good working configuration pull that one from a client, edit the scheduler tasks (the start-up scans should then be visible) and put it in either your default policy or push them down to all the clients.

11. marty9876

do you know where offhand the .xml is located on the client?

Thanks for all the help!

12. Brambb

Brambb Registered Member

You need to export it from the client using the (advanced) GUI. In the top menu you can then choose for setup --> import/export.

You can also download a clients configurations from the ERA console - double click a client --> go to configuration tab --> and download the configuration using save as.

13. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello marty9876,

The correct link for the solution they were recommending is:
    http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2144

The link was somehow corrupted when sending it. If you receive links like that from the support team, you can go to the ESET Knowledgebase and search for the SOLN# at the end of the address they sent. In this case it would be SOLN2144. Performing that search will take you directly to the article.

Thank you,
    Richard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.