ESET issue? Streaming video blocked on a single website.

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by andrea b, Mar 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andrea b

andrea b Registered Member

Problem: Streaming video from a single website won't load on two laptops; of the 5 computers I use daily, these are the only ones w/ ESET Smart Security - they are also the only two ThinkPads (I'm also trying to figure out if it's a ThinkPad issue). Having tried to troubleshoot this at several levels (software, add-ons, etc. in a bunch of other forums) - I'm wondering whether there is something about ESET settings that could be the cause?

The site in question is Flash based: bloggingheads.tv/diavlogs/. Flashplayer 10 is installed properly on both machines (and has been uninstalled / reinstalled in attempt to solve the problem).

OS: Windows XP, SP2. Browser: Firefox 3, latest version (video from this site won't load on IE6 or Safari 3 either on these machines!);

Relevant add-ons: NoScript. (Disabling NoScript temporarily makes no difference).

Troubleshooting thus far: working with NoScript board on Mozilla, and the bloggingheads people at their site - no results. Did a Standard Diagnostic on Firefox: no luck. Turning off ESET firewall temporarily -no difference.

This may not be relevant, but the Firefox error console turns up errors like these:

Warning: Error in parsing value for property 'cursor'. Declaration dropped.
    Source File: static.bloggingheads.tv/stylesheets/bhtv_css.css
    Line: 898

Warning: Unknown property 'zoom'. Declaration dropped.
    Source File: static.bloggingheads.tv/js/jquer ... luetip.css
    Line: 152

Warning: Expected ':' but found 'undefined'. Declaration dropped.
    Source File: bloggingheads.tv/diavlogs/18153
    Line: 0

[NoScript] Potential cross-site E4X hijacking detected and blocked

(static.bloggingheads.tv/js/forumintegrator.js)

Hope this isn't too much info...help?!

And thanks.

2. psychopomp1

psychopomp1 Registered Member

Not sure if this helps, but i'm using ESS V4 (default settings) with Firefox v3.0.7 and have no problems viewing any videos on that site. So chances are its not an ESS related issue.

3. andrea b

andrea b Registered Member

Well, one possible solution came up: bloggingheads.tv/diavlogs uses the rtmp streaming video protocol via port 1935; I may need to whitelist port 1935. I...don't know how! Any ESET users out there know?

4. barbone_ro

barbone_ro Registered Member

Hi Andrea,
    I've checked the website mentioned by you and I didn't have any issues, checked a couple of videos
    Is there a specific video you can't open?
    i have the latest version of ESET Smart Security.

cheers

5. barbone_ro

barbone_ro Registered Member

BTW
    I've also checked with IE8.
    OK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.