ESET isn't liking my Belkin Router

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by ablahblah, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ablahblah

ablahblah Registered Member

Well, I've been on ESET SS 4 for a bit now, and I had a problem in the beginning a few months ago. Every time I'd start up my system after installing ESET, I'd have absolutely no network usability at any moment; after a day or two i finally sourced the problem to my router's software. For some reason, as soon as the software started up, ESET would kill off all network input/output to Windows itself, and nothing would be able to get network access. Every other system on my network was perfectly fine though. My router was, and still is a Belkin Play Max (F7D4301). Back then, I just killed the router software and configured via the router setup page, but now I'm finding that the router setup page has its shortcomings in that I can't configure its USB ports too well from it compared to the included software (I'm planning to configure a NAS unit to it, setting up a port and password, and accessing it with mobile devices from time to time). Anyone have Belkin software and have this problem before, or can think of a reason why ESET would specifically root out this software as something to block? ESET shows no warnings at all when I start up Belkin's software, so at the moment I've been baffled with what's up with it.

2. dmaasland

dmaasland Registered Member

Try excluding your router IP from IDS and see if that helps.

3. ablahblah

ablahblah Registered Member

Thanks for the reply, still sort of lost in ESET's options though. Any chance you can guide me to where and how to do that? o_O

4. Woodgiant

Woodgiant Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.