Eset Installer Information

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Devan, Dec 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Devan

Devan Registered Member

Hello there..,
    I was trying to install ESET Smart Security5 in my desktop but unfortunately it is showing one error message like "Could not write value ProductCode to key \Software\ESET\ESET Security\CurrentVersion\Info. Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel." Can anybody help me on this error and help me to complete the installation process?

2. Janus

Janus Registered Member

Hello Devan

Just have to ask, Is it a reinstallation of Eset Smart Security on the same computer?

Regards, Janus

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Run the Uninstall tool in safe mode, then try to install ESS again.

4. Devan

Devan Registered Member

@Janus - Yes Janus, It was are-installation.
    @Marcos - Can you please elabrate the process for me?

5. Janus

Janus Registered Member

Hello Devan

It is pretty straightforward, download the uninstall tool to your desktop. (from the link that Marcos provided in the post above). Restart your system by tapping F8 during startup, and then select Safe mode. Then click on the uninstall tool ( the tool will completely remove Eset from your pc) that you have downloaded to your desktop and follow the onscreen instructions. After the uninstallation process then reboot, and download and install eset again. (Everything described above, you can find more detailed in the link from Macos.)

Regards, Janus ...oh I forgot to write, happy new year ,when the time comes :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.