ESET...I love you guys ;-)...why, do u ask?!

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by bseos, Oct 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bseos

bseos Registered Member

The developers of ESS have really outdone themselves with this fantastic product. It is the most effective product i have ever used to date.

I use to use Symantec Client Security Corporate Edition(Antivirus/Antispyware/Firewall), Norton Antibot and Sunbelt's Counterspy (Rated No.1 Antispyware product).

Every week i would perform a full system scan with both "Symantec Client Security" and CounterSpy and they would always pick up something malicious on my system.
    Turns out Symantec Client Security and Counterspy were not very good at preventing malicious code from entering my system. Though a scan would remove the threats i would always have to perform a in depth scan every week , leaving a window of opportunity open to any virus,Trojan that got past the real-time protection.

ESS on the other hand did not miss anything to date, with great real-time protection and being very effective at preventing malicious code from entering my system.
    I also have no need for the No.1 rated anti-spyware program "Counterspy" anymore, i performed a full system scan with CounerSpy every week for a month at it would always report that my system was Clean.

Overall, ESS is a BEST solution to combat the ever evolving threats on the internet.
    A brilliant piece of coding.

Thankyou you guys over at ESET for such a wonderful program.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2007
  2. solcroft

solcroft Registered Member

Would be nice if you could tell us what types of malicious files were found on your system whenever you used to perform an in-depth scan.

3. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

a layered defense isn't a bad idea. Depending on your surfing habits, I'd keep the counterspy until it's subscription runs out at least - but I too have never (never say never) had an infection missed by NOD32 - others have - so multiple layers is always a good idea if they reside well together.

4. JeremyWW

JeremyWW Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.