ESET home page and Opera 7.23

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by sir_carew, Dec 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sir_carew

sir_carew Registered Member

Hi,
    I'm using Opera 7.23 as my default web browser. I discover that the Eset web page have problems when you're using Opera. When I click in the countries at the left, and I select for example Spain, nothing happend and nothing appear, however if I using IE 6.0, when I press a countrie, appear the respective web page.
    Thanks.

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

The main NOD32 site at ( http://www.nod32.com/ ) uses javascript for many functions, including jumping to the page for the country selected. You may need to check your security settings in Opera, especially in regards active scripting.

3. sir_carew

I've javascript, java, etc... enabled.

4. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I am also useing opera 7.23 and I just went to the esset home page and everything worked just fine I tried country selection and every thing I could select and it all seemed to work.

5. sir_carew

Hi, mmmm, maybe is ZA pro, because I've all the private feature enabled, however my configuration affect both Opera and IE, and with IE, I can. Extrange.

6. anders

anders Eset Staff Account

The problem is with their javascript. I told them this before, but.. they haven't changed it yet.

If I remember correctly, it falsely detects Opera as being IE, so, the javascript tries to use the "navigate" function, instead of "window.location". I don't see why they can't use window.location for IE too... Or fix their browser detection routine.

Best regards,
    Anders

7. GuruGuy

GuruGuy Guest

I believe you can change the way Opera mimics other browsers....try setting it to "Mozilla"

8. doug6949

doug6949 Registered Member

Opera 7.23 identifies as MSIE 6.0 by default. You can set it to identify as Opera or Mozilla as well. It's under Network in the preferences. Doug

9. sir_carew

Yes, I make it, and still not work, I probe with IE 6.0, Opera and Mozilla and nothing. I'm not using now ZA PRO.
    Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.