ESET has detected Adware.CashTitan application

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Mike Brandon, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike Brandon

Mike Brandon Registered Member

My eset smart security (4.2.67.10) is reporting that a file sent to me by a friend (a Freeware file sorting/renaming app) contains the CashTitan application. I understand that this is some kind of adware but smart security isn't giving me the option to clean it from the file (a winrar packed file).

Can anyone tell me anything about CashTitan, and is it easy to remove, or particularly dangerous/annoying?

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

Not something that you want/need from looking on the net about it. Did it install itself or did Eset stopped it in time? If latter don't bother about cleaning it or using that rar, just delete it. Plenty of other sorting utils without bundled adware.

3. tony_m

tony_m Eset Staff Account

Hi Mike Brandon,

From your Detected threats log, locate the lines containing the threat alerts about cashtitan, then copy and paste them here.

To Retrieve the Detected Threats Log, from the main program window click 'Tools' -> 'Log files' (if you do not see the tools menu, press CRTL + M to toggle to Advanced mode). Now from the 'Log' drop-down menu, select 'Detected Threats'.

Let us know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.