Eset for MS Exchange Import/Export suggestion.

Discussion in 'Other ESET Business Products' started by morser, Jan 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. morser

morser Registered Member

Hello,

The feature to Import/Export the current configuration is a great feature.

As we all can imagine it can be used to export the config and store it somewhere in the event we need to reinstall Eset.

I also find it useful to import the settings to other Exchange servers that I want the exact configuration to be applied.

One item that I noticed is that when a configuration is imported it overwrites the current file level exclusions. If there were an option to "merge" the existing exclusions with those being imported, or to choose between one or the other this would be very helpful.

I also took a raw look at the xml file and decided it was too messy to attempt a manual modification (Carriage Return anyone?)

Now please excuse me while I re-add the 100 or so exclusions to one of my servers. :cool:

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Your feature request has been forwarded to ESET's product marketing team.

For future reference, feature requests for ESET Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange Server can be posted in the Future Changes to ALL other ESET Products message thread, as this message thread is regularly monitored by a variety of ESET personnel.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.