ESET for branch office

Discussion in 'ESET Server & Remote Administrator' started by sramos, Nov 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sramos

sramos Registered Member

Hello
    we have branch office and it has connectivity with main office
    we are planning for deploying Read Only Domain Controller
    is there a way to deploy mirror for users in that site so they can take the update from there without installing the ESET Remote Administration ?
    If i make script to copy the mirror file manually twice a day and make IIS in the RODC will it works ?
    Regards,

2. sramos

sramos Registered Member

Hello
    Any help here ?

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

If the clients in the branch office cannot access the mirror in the main office, it will suffice just to copy it to another computer/server where it will be accessible for the clients.

4. sramos

sramos Registered Member

Thanks for reply
    so I can use normal windows to copy the files inside and let install IIS in the branch server so they can update from there

5. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

why don't you setup a local mirror in their office?

Any spare machine would work for that - we have setup mirrors on rarely used machines, such as a receptionist's PC, or a break-room - even pulled an old Dell P4 out of the dusty cupboards of customers and put it into their rack of networking equipment as a "local mirror and RA" and set it to report up to the central RA.... any old hardware will do - in fact, my personal RA is on a 2.4Ghz P4 here - RA / mirror requires VERY modest hardware... and it is much better for those local machines to have a policy which pulls their updates from a local machine, and report back to that local machine - than to even do the RA feature across the internet - at least in my experience.

6. sramos

sramos Registered Member

Thanks for the reply
    it was one of my option
    I can't set the mirror the windows server right ? coz it will have file security while the users will have endpoint security , i think it will not work like this and i have to choose one of the users machines right ?

7. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

You can install a license key to ESET File Security which will enable mirroring. Then you'll point EFS to update either from the other mirror or directly from ESET's servers.

8. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

As Marcos suggested - you can have your WFS machine be your mirror - you just install the license for the workstations and mirror facility becomes available. It doesn't matter which version of the software you have, it can mirror for workstations if it can mirror at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.