Eset firewall problem 4.2.40.10

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by poluxbgames, May 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poluxbgames

poluxbgames Registered Member

Hello everybody,

i've seen a little problem since a couple of days ( i think since the latest update in fact ).. sometimes ( it happends 1 or 2 times and on 2 different computers ) when an application want to use network, the firewall ask to me if i want to allow or not ( normal ), but when i say yes ( and click on remember it ), a dialog box appear: " error reading firewall configuration "... and when i click ok, it disappear but the rule is well made..
    I don't understand... All the rest work fine.

An idea?

( both computers on Win 7 x64 )
    thanks in advance.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

maybe reinstall Eset on top

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

It could be that the data file containing the firewall rules as well as other firewall settings is corrupt for some reason. Have you tried uninstalling ESS and installing the latest build from scratch?

4. poluxbgames

Thanks for the answer ;)
    i think it's strange, the file corrupt on 2 pc ( very new pc, a desktop and a laptop ); the error is here only since the 4.2 version ( but it happend very rarely ).
    Just a thing, i've a 2 licence of eset smart security and 2 pc. I've change one of my pc last week. I've uninstalled eset from the old ( with add/Remove programs ) and re-install on the newer.
    Is this cause the problem? should I uninstall the product with Eset uninstaller? ( but now.. )

I will wait and see if the problem still here.

Last edited: May 26, 2010
  5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Surely this cannot result in any kind of issues.

If possible, use it in safe mode to ensure that all leftovers are removed before installing ESS from scratch.

6. poluxbgames

Hello,
    i've reinstall my product and no more problems since now..
    today i've launch my wamp server ( i'm working on the code of a website locally ) and he show nothing when i type my local website adress ( localhost/mywebsite... )
    if i de-activate the eset firewall it works... i've make some exclusions ( apache.. ) and make some rules manually ( in the firewall configuration; my is on interactive mode, i want to know when an application make something ).
    after some try, my past error returns... "Error when reading firewall configuration..."
    grrrr... my system is up to date, newer and fresh install.. ( win 7 installed properly since 4 months ).
    i've uninstalled ESET Smart security one more time, re-install it and now all works again... my website is working perfectly with wamp and firewall on interactive mode...
    i'm a little affraid about these problems of stability.. and local adress like localhost and apps like wamp should be activated automatically no??
    I cross my fingers that it continues to run and hope that I am well protected ...

7. poluxbgames

Just for more details:

when i have the famous "error reading firewall configuration", if i continue, all seems to work correctly anyway... strange ( and since 4.2.40.1... i've eset smart security for 2 years without problems like this.. ).

it appears when an interactive box ask me to allow or not an application to communicate ( but it's very rare ).. and if i check on the rules ( in advanced options ), the rule is well recorded.. so..

am i securedo_O??

and what about a v5?? :)

8. KOKOtm

KOKOtm Registered Member

Same for me btw. Happend on my laptop and notebook. Also tried reinstall but also still happen rarely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.