ESET Firewall Continously Blocking 3rd Party Program

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by ITOnAStick, Aug 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ITOnAStick

ITOnAStick Registered Member

Good day all,

I've recently purchased 100 licenses for ESET SSBE. Here is the first problem I'm having...

The personal firewall is continously blocking a mission-critical Windows application. I've installed ESET using the customized installation method so I could go ahead and set the filtering to Interactive Filtering from the beginning in hopes to intercept any programs before they automatically get blocked. When I first launch the Windows program, I'm presented with the question of whether or not to allow it to run. I'm selecting the allow option with a rule creation. However, the program still fails to open. If I try to open it again, I get a popup that says there is already an instance running and it cannot open more than one copy. So, I go to Task Manager and Kill the process. I try to run the program again and it blinks as though it's loading, but it never loads.

If I completely disable the ESET Personal Firewall, the Windows program opens without fail. If I uninstall ESET, the Windows program opens without fail.

I have ensured that all ports in all zones are open, both ways. What else can I try? This particular program relies on a USB dongle for licensing purposes. I have also ensured that the option to block all removeable media is disabled.

All help and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. ITOnAStick

ITOnAStick Registered Member

An application-based rule has been setup for Ops.exe (the application file that launches the program). All ports are open in both directions for every profile.

When you say "exclude it from web protection," how do I do that?
    Also, the check box next to "Block removeable media" is not checked.

4. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.