eset firewall and internet at uni (noob)

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Cutter, Jan 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cutter

Cutter Registered Member

Hey guys, wondered if you could help, when i try to connect to th net at uni (wireless) i enter my login details, it says connectec but unverified, can't use the internet or anything.

When i disable the firewall, everything works as normal, i can even turn the firewall back on after that and it still works.

I switched to interactive mode but i doesnt tell me to accept anything, any ideas how i can let it run through the firewall without having to turn it off first, btw i'm really rubbish with to much tech talk, i've used eset for year but never had to do anything other than install it before.

Latest version and windows 7 if that helps, and thanks for your time.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. Cutter

Cutter Registered Member

Thank you for the reply Cudni, im in uni tomorrow i'll try it then and come back.

4. Cutter

Cutter Registered Member

I'm at uni now, i tried your suggestion but it didn't make a difference, on the wireless bars, i have a little yellow triangle, how ever if i turn the firewall off it works, a friend im sat next to has just the antivirus version of ESET and connects no problem.

Will my licence allow me to use the antivirus version if i can't fix the system security version as there's not much point having it if i can't use it at uni.

5. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

6. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

You could try allowing services in the Firewall settings:
    http://kb.eset.sk/library/ESET/KB%20DUTCH/SOLN2141/Afbeelding%201-3.png

7. tony_m

tony_m Eset Staff Account

Hi Cutter,

What version of ESS are you currently running? Please see here.

edit: Sorry, you already said it the latest version (4.2.67). Can you create a log of blocked connections? See instructions here.

8. Cutter

Cutter Registered Member

Thankf for the help all, sorry i haven't been back to quick, been ill the last few days, i'm back in uni this monday so will send the log then, really not sure why it does it, i've tested all of the suggestions.

I can however turn the firewall off, connect fine, turn it back on once connected and it works fine for a little while then locks up, also it's the latest version, i need to formatt my lappy this sunday anyway, so i'll do a clean install of ess.

9. Cutter

Cutter Registered Member

Hi Tony, i've made the log, just wondered do i send it to you and if so how should i do it, wasn't sure if i should post it on the forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.