ESET Endpoint freezing Issues

Discussion in 'ESET Endpoint Products' started by DAGHood, Nov 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DAGHood

DAGHood Registered Member

Hello, one of our clients recently updated their Anti-Virus from ESET NOD32 Business Edition (Which they had no issues on) to ESET Endpoint Anti-Virus. All their Workstations run Windows XP SP3, and their Server is running SBS 2003 and acts as their DC for the Domain in addition to Exchange. (Server is running ESET Mail Security). After the update several (4/17 so far) would freeze at the desktop when logging in or take a really long time to fully log in. When the workstation is physically disconnected from the Network and the user logs in from saved profile the computer boots fine, no freezing. After the Network-less boot if you re-plug in the network cable the computer continues on as normal until the next time you log off and try to log in again. I temporarily removed ESET Endpoint Anti-Virus and the freezing issues go away.

As far as I am told they do not have Roaming Profiles enabled on their Domain.

Any suggestions? If you need more info I will do my best to find out.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Does disabling automatic real-time proteciton start or HIPS followed by a computer restart make a difference?

3. sys_smp

sys_smp Registered Member

I am replying to this string for two reasons: to share what seems to be working for us, and also to glean any information you might have to offer US, as we too just upgraded.

First, our setup is as follows:

• Server #1 (Remediation) --> ESET Endpoint Server + Remote Administrator
    • Server #2 (Exchange 2010) --> ESET Mail Security for Exchange
    • Workstations --> ESET Endpoint Client v5 on a blend of Windows 7 32/64. + ESET NOD32 Client v4 on a blend of Windows 7 32/64 and a few Win XP

The last bullet above is sort of the key for now, as the NOD32 v4 still communicates with the Endpoint Server and doesn't seem to give the users any guff. On our terminal server, I installed v5 and havoc ensued. I took it off and plan to (but haven't yet) installed v4 again.

Second, I'd love to have some pointers:

I'd love to hear are the "What I learned and you shouldn't/should do because I didn't/did..." accounts from users in the trenches. Those businesses that are using my setup - or similar:

• Server #1 (Remediation) --> ESET Endpoint Server + Remote Administrator
    • Server #2 (Exchange 2010) --> ESET Mail Security for Exchange
    • Workstations --> ESET Endpoint Client v5 on a blend of Windows 7 32/64. + ESET NOD32 Client v4 on a blend of Windows 7 32/64 and a few Win XP

The Exchange software tanks my Exchange Server many times a day - to the extent that I routinely disable/enable the features just to have Outlook start "responding" again. We've had the software for a little under two weeks and man, I am ready to uninstall...but obviously I need something.

I switched from Vipre on Exchange to ESET as VIPRE wasn't cutting the mustard, now ESET is bullish and very "alpha".

Tricks and tips welcome!

In summary, I wonder if using NOD32 v4 would be an idea you could try? Best of luck!

4. mcferrero

mcferrero Registered Member

Please exclude "C:\Windows\CSC" and test it again. Its a bug in Endpoint.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.