ESET CyberSecurity Licens For Mac Question

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by rpl, Jul 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rpl

rpl Registered Member

I purchased two ESET CyberSecurity in April. Installed on one Mac and was informed that it will expired on 4/15/2013. Can you please explain to me:
    a) Do I need to purchase a renewal in April 2013?
    b) Do you know the price of the renewal license?
    c) What does it happen if I don't purchase the renewal?
    d) I still have one more license to be installed on a Mac but no Mac is available at this time. Shortly, If I installed the ESET sometime in a fall will the license also expired on 4/15/2013 because I purchased them both at the same time. Or the installation of a program triggers the activation of a license?
    Sorry for those questions but as you can see I'm a very beginner and don't know much about it. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    RPL

2. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

Yes. The license will expire April 15th, 2013 so you will need to purchase a renewal or new license. You can renew within 60 days of your expiration date in either direction.

The cost for the renewal will depend on how you originally purchased the product (through a reseller or directly through ESET) as well as whatever the costs are come April 2013. They could change between now and then.

If you allow your license to expire, your real-time scanner become disabled and your program will no longer update the virus signature database (VSD). You can still scan your computer with the program but with an out-of-date VSD, the results of the scan may not be accurate.

Your year of coverage begins the day you activate your license. If purchased through a reseller, this would be the date you activated the serial number/activation key. If purchased directly through ESET, this would be the date your purchase order was completed.

3. rpl

rpl Registered Member

Thank you so much for such a great clarification. Many thanks. I was worry that because my questions were so basic that I was wasting others people time. Many thanks and have a great day.
    RPL:D :D :D

4. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

You're very welcome. I'm sure there are many others out there with the same questions who simply haven't asked yet. Glad I could help!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.