ESET Cybersecurity is not allowing external USB HDs to be mounted.

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by scirious, Mar 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scirious

scirious Registered Member

Hi there!

I just bought a 2 year license for ESET Cybersecurity. Actually I liked it very much but I can't mount the external USB HDs I have. I tried to uninstalll ESET Cybersecurity and after uninstalling it the disks work ok but with it installed, when I restart the system or plug them to the Mac, they mount for a second or two and then they get unmounted.

Just as note the option to block removable media is not enabled, so my disks should mount with no error. One of them is a 1 TB used for Time Machine e the other is a 500 GB used for generic purposes. I also have a 2 TB external media center that can be mounted as a external disk but I haven't tried it yet.

Please, look at the screenshots I posted.

If you need any other information just ell me and I should say. Also, if possible tell me how to get it.

And just one more question, does the software update it`s engine as well or the update just update the virus database?

Thank you very much,
    Scirious.

Attached Files:

2. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

Have you tried the following KB Article?

http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2562

The updates usually pertain to the VSD (Virus Signature Database) but occasionally some components of the program will also be updated. The one thing that at this time doesn't update through the program is the full engine (ie ver 3.0 to ver 4.x). I think we're all hoping this will be an option in the near future.

3. scirious

dwomack

I can't exclude them from the real-time scanning because they aren't mounted to be selected in the exclusions tab. As I said, just after mounting the disks they get unmounted if I have ESET Cybersecurity installed. I don't know why this is happening and I would like to have these disks scanned in real-time.

If it is useful I'm attaching my System View XML for analysis. For you to be able to view it, as per restrictions of the forum, you will have to rename it to imac.zip and extract it.

Thanks,
    Scirious.

Attached Files:

4. dmaasland

dmaasland Registered Member

It is perhaps not the best idea to host an analysis of your system on a world wide forum :).

5. scirious

Considering that I need a fast reply I think it is.

6. scirious

Just one more information, I've noticed that when I plug the USB disk, in the event report I see the following message several times:

Module: ESET Daemon
    Event: The following child mac process[xxxx] didn't handle signal 10, restarting in X seconds.

Also, if I plug the Time Machine disk after the system start I is kept mounted, but the other disk doesn't stay mounted.

Sorry if the message isn't exact what it should be. I'm using a Brazilian Portuguese version and I'm trying to translate it correctly.

Please people, I really need an fast solution to the problem.

Attached Files:

7. scirious

People, is there a way to at least pause the real-time scanning?

8. scirious

People, the problem isn't solved. I still need a solution.

9. SweX

SweX Registered Member

It seems that it takes ESET much longer time to respond to Mac related issues, than to Windows related issues for some reason.:doubt:

But hang on scirious, they will help you ASAP. :)

10. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

scirious, I sent you a PM.

11. SweX

SweX Registered Member

This was a very late reply for ESET I think. :(

12. scirious

dwomack,

I replied to your message.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.