Eset Application Modification Detect on iexplore.exe

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by camperguy01, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. camperguy01

camperguy01 Registered Member

Would appreciate any help -

I primarily use FireFox for browsing but for work purposes I occasionally need to use Internet Explorer or when I check for Windows Updates.

Starting yesterday, whenever I attempt to access IE, Eset is popping up a warning box - "Application Modification Detected" on C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe. You're given an option to Deny or allow. One of my kids thinks they may have chosen "allow" at one point but not sure.

It appears that iexplore.exe was modified fairly recently (a couple of months ago). I sent the file to VirusTotal and it came up clean.

I guess, I'm looking for more details on how ESS flags a file as "modification detected" and how I can determine if this was a legit modification or if I need to be concerned. Again, appreciate any helpful advice.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

one of the updates from WU might have updated the IE hence the detection from your AV

3. nikanthpromod

nikanthpromod Registered Member

should be due to IE update .
    If thats the reason then allow it to connect.

4. camperguy01

camperguy01 Registered Member

Sounds good. Thanks much for the replies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.