ESET Antivirus for Mac cannot import settings

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by DustWolf, Jun 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DustWolf

DustWolf Registered Member

Hello,

I have installed ESET Antivirus Buisness Eddition (eset_nod32avbe_en.dmg) on an apple with OSX 10.6, which is networked to the company LAN. When I tried to import the XML configuration file, I recieved an "Invalid format" error.

How to fix?

LP,
    Jure

2. foneil

foneil Eset Staff Account

Hello Jure, unfortunately ESET NOD32 Antivirus versions for Mac OS X do not support importing XML files.

However, you have other options for transferring settings such as exporting a cfg and then importing it to another machine. Or if you use ESET Remote Administrator, you can send the configuration task using ERAC (right-click on the OS X client and choose New Task).

Let us know how it goes,

--Fer

3. DustWolf

Where do I find this CFG thing on my windows clients? Or elsewhere? I only have one (unconfigured) mac client.

Using ERAC is not an option since the client was installed from dmg and the information for it to connect to the server is in my XML file I can't use.

LP,
    Jure

4. dmaasland

dmaasland Registered Member

You can manually enter the remote administration info in the advanced settings.

5. DustWolf

I guess I can also remove NOD32 and manually look for viruses then. :rolleyes:

This is what they call a production-ready program.

6. dmaasland

dmaasland Registered Member

You could do that, if you know where to look.

So, if you are using just the DMG, why didn't you create a remote install file with the remote administration settings already inserted?

Attached Files:

7. toxinon12345

toxinon12345 Registered Member

Cfg is the equivalent for XML in Mac?
    If you are trying to use same settings in the business edition (e.g. Various machines) please consider using the Remote administrator, is easier

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.