ESet antivirus antispyware is slow to init. during boot.

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by jboulet, Dec 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jboulet

jboulet Registered Member

Greetings,

I am in windows XP Pro. sp3. And I am running ESet SS 3.0.762.0.

When I first boot my system, ESet reports to the windows security center that it is not turned on. And when you open the ESet window it is showing an exclimation mark to the left of Antivirus antispyware protection status. If you let it sit there about 30 to 45 seconds it will come on by its self and once it is up and running it operates fine. It is just slow to initialize at boot. I have set the Minimum Logging Verbosity to "Diagnostic records" And see nothing out of the ordinary in the ESet logs. As well, when I check the MS event viewer I see nothing strange in there either. Can anyone be of any help to help me find out what is causing this and a solution? If you need any more system information. I will be happy to provide it.

I am running on an Intel Core Duo CPU E8500 @ 3.16Ghz with 3.25Gb ram and a 500Gb hdd.

Thank you

2. jboulet

jboulet Registered Member

Seems I found the problem, which had nothing to do with ESet. The HP CUE DeviceDescovery Service was hanging on startup, I disabled that and BAM! ESet comes up fine everytime now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.