ESET admit: v3 Mirror not working

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by ogsi, Dec 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ogsi

ogsi Registered Member

this is the latest reply to an on going ticket on this issue:

Update for Case # - "2.7 to 3.x upgrade"
    An ESET Customer Care Representative has updated this case with the following information:
    Hello,
    Sorry for our delays in response. There seems to be a number of issues like this being reported. At this time we recommend uninstalling all of the new versions and re-install the older versions.

Here is our business downloads link. Please download the Remote Administrator Console, Server (Version 1.0.15), and 2.7.39 LAN update mirror from there.

http://www.eset.com/download/business.php

Please let us know if this resolves the issue.

Thank you, and again sorry for our delays.

ESET Technical Support

just to be clear - I respect a vendor taht admit and go fix the problem rather then kicking me away without a solution!!!

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Could you please PM me the whole email as well as the sender's email address? We need to investigate this case further.

3. ogsi

ogsi Registered Member

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Send Marcos a private message with your whole support history (everything you have written with the support guy from the US Support Dept)

5. poutine

poutine Registered Member

Whats wrong with the techs response ? sound advice for those with problems isnt it ? Or am i missing something here. ?

6. Marv Gordon

Marv Gordon Registered Member

I received the same response related to Exclusions not applying via configuration tasks.

In our case I've deployed 90 clients across 8 locations with another 120 to go. I just switched over from Symantec Enterprise Edition because of the good things we heard about NOD32.

However, telling a business user to go back to the old version makes the product/support look bad. The 90 users are probalby thinking "hmmm they just bought this and there are problems already?.... I better avoid it for my home system". It certainly makes me wonder if I made the right choice.

I was in the process of setting up exclusions for servers which still happen to be running under the Symantec product. My best bet may be to freeze the rollout until this stuff is taken care of....... hopefully quickly.

7. jmc777

jmc777 Registered Member

That's probably why Marcos wants all the details from the original poster. They're going to hunt down the person from customer care, blindfold him, rough him up a little, and then fly him to ESET's equivalent of Guantanamo Bay. :eek:

8. hobbit666

hobbit666 Registered Member

I'm in the middle of deploying to 100 clients accross 5 sites and so far the mirror is working (using the one in Remote Server) and updating clients, also my exclude list is also going down to clients fine.

Seems strange that there are a few posts in the forum that say the support desk has told them to revert back to 2.7.

9. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Actually I do have it on one of my machines and it works very well. I have another "unnamed product" on another and having some issues with that one.

"Working" is all in the individuals take on it. Every product released works. And every vendor spends the products lifecycle continously tweaking it. This process has started for Eset. Give it a little more time. I kept my licences just for the faith in them and history of how good their product worked in the past.:thumb:

10. Marv Gordon

Marv Gordon Registered Member

I just updated the base config file that we are using for workstation install. Created one file exclussion from my pc...triple checked....uninstalled and re-installed.

Nothing in my exclude list :(

11. ogsi

ogsi Registered Member

UPDATE :)

An ESET Customer Care Representative has updated this case with the following information:
    Hello,

There should be a new version available in th beginning of the new year, hopefully the first month.

Thank you,
    Eset Technical Support

12. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Re: UPDATE :)

New version of RA ?

13. ogsi

ogsi Registered Member

that is all they said
    I assume it's new RAS taht would fix the Mirror problem but we'll have to wait and see

14. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Thanks for letting me know

15. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

I seem to recall hearing that although the exclusions do not appear in the list when added in this way, it may be that they are still working and valid - have you checked?

note: In a corporate environment, just because Admin needs to exclude some file or folder does not mean that the user of the workstation needs to be able to discover what is excluded...

Please post back to let me know if that is right or not.

Cheers :)

16. fprox

fprox Registered Member

I had the same problem in version 3.0.566: the mirror was not working, although updating from ESET official site was working good. Now appears new version 3.0.621, but the problem remain. :mad:

17. MidSpeck

MidSpeck Registered Member

I have had problems getting my ESET NOD32 Remote Administrator server to create a mirror directory. It worked just fine on one of my servers, but not on two other mirror servers. Eventually, one showed up after uninstalling and reinstalling... but it did take a few hours before it magically appeared. My last server has sat for a week, but never created the mirror directory. Creating the mirror directory manually doesn't help either -- it never populates it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.