Eset & A3 Malware Issue mchInjDrv.sys

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Trollton, Feb 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trollton

Trollton Registered Member

I continually get when A2 loads from Eset Security Suite: (Dang sorry A2 not A3 :)

18/02/2010 07:51:18 Real-time file system protection file C:\Windows\system32\Drivers\mchInjDrv.sys Win32/MCH potentially unsafe application unable to clean NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Event occurred on a new file created by the application: C:\Program Files\a-squared Anti-Malware\a2service.exe.

I've uninstalled & reinstalled A2 to no avail. any ideas, I did read elsewhere on the forum Eset regards this as malware: Period. A2 have not responded, I've disabled A2 for the time being.

Any ideas please?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

You can either disable detection of potentially unsafe applications or exclude the file from scanning.

3. Trollton

OK, Marcos, thank you. I think I would rather leave Eset as it is & use a different Anti-Malware program, I have a license for Super Anti-Spyware. The thing is these two programs have resided without issue together for many months/years. Was this file a recent addition by Eset?

I'm getting a bit fed up anyway with the FP's that A2 seems to generate.

4. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

You should ignore this file...mchInjDrv.sys is mad code hook injection driver...Its pretty much safe. Some anti-malware softwares like Threatfire and A-squared use this technique to detect malwares..They inject their process into already running processes or files to check the behavior of file...

5. Trollton

OK, thanks for all the help given. Problem sorted.

6. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

You are welcome...Glad to help you..

Mods can close this thread...I guess the problem has been solved.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.