eScan Internet Security Suite?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by wir.sing, Feb 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wir.sing

wir.sing Registered Member

After reading through a couple of threads here, I kept noticing the name eScan. So I looked it up on Google and found they offer an ISS as well. (Link)

Any information on the performence of the different components. And does that package have a firewall included. Doesn't really state it, although it wouldn't be strange if it wouldn't include one.

2. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

The firewall included is a NetBIOS firewall, nothing like the normal firewalls you get with an internet Security Suite, and is not meant for that purpose either. That firewall is IMO "useless".

As far as performance goes, their products are usually effective enough (KAV engine, I believe they updated the engine to 6.0), but there are several problems which they really need to fix:

1) No encrypted quarantine for infected files
    2) No automatic program upgrades. If you need to update to the latest program version, you will need to re-download the installation package. Only signature update are automatic.
    3) It is a bit heavy

On MicroWorld's favour, I will say that their support team works hard and is pretty talented. Whenever I used to have a bug, they would get back to me with interim hotfixes by providing fixed executable files for the concerned component (so I didn't really have to wait for the release of the next program version).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.