eScan Anti-virus

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Sher, Nov 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sher

Sher Registered Member

It has a great detection rate of around 98%(better than over-rated products like Kaspersky & NOD32).

In the latest malware removal test conducted by AV-Comparatives, it just blew the competition away with almost perfect results.

The only thing which concerns me is the dead-slow scan speed.

I want to evaluate it before buying.

Any comments or inputs are most welcome!

:)

P.S. Right now, I'm using Norton Internet Security 2010 after ditching Kaspersky.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2009
  2. Sm3K3R

Sm3K3R Registered Member

1.eScan uses BitDefender engine.
    2.Its kind of resource hog.If you use a HIPS you ll get all kind of pop ups about diferent modules changing.
    3.Seems unfinished ,if you only scan for threats you will not be able to choose what you want to remove ,either you set Automatic for detection action and it removes what it wants or you scan and remove the items manually,not from within the antivirus interface.
    4.Scan takes for ever as you said.

3. Sher

Sher Registered Member

My biggest concern is the scan speed only, as its detection and removal results are top-notch!

I think, I must try it first before deciding anything.

4. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

They have a 30 day trial version. Have you tried that?

5. Sher

Sher Registered Member

I still have two months of subscription left with NIS, so, once it's ended, I'll try it for sure before renewing NIS again.

6. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

Comments like this just make me bust up laughing. People really should figure out how a AV works before they go on tests only. "Overrated" Av's as you put it have there reputation for a reason not just because they got a high rating in a detection test, do some research before you just assume they are an inferior product. :cautious:

Just a FYI, Removal could of been completely different on 10 other samples even AV-Corp states this in the last page of the test. It all depends on what hits you. :blink:

7. Baz_kasp

Baz_kasp Registered Member

Didn't they fail to remove some (about three?) samples completely in that AV-C test, whereas most of the other solution removed the main infection, and maybe left behind some registry traces?

8. zlaki40

zlaki40 Registered Member

some new experiences with the eScan, any experience, I intend to try eScan with firewall.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.