Errors when rebooting required - picture included.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by hodnik, Feb 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hodnik

hodnik Registered Member

Hey guys,

Still running into some problems with TI 9.0 build 3854

At current, I am succesfully booting into two forms of WinXP Pro.
    Partition 1 - WinXP
    Partition 2 - WinXP
    Partition 3 - Backup

I actually did a fresh install of windows on both 1 and 2 and then created seperate images as I found this way I could retain drive letters that I wanted.

Using TI I made an image of partition 1 and partition 2 for backing up purposes. When I go though the recovery process through windows based TI, and it doesn't require a reboot - everything goes fine.

When I go through windows based TI for recovery and it requires a reboot, I get the following error.

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l61/hodnik/SSPX0079.jpg

I get the same (looks the same) error when I try and load from a rescue media (cd).

Thanks,
    Dan.

2. Unit01

Unit01 Registered Member

What sort of hard disks are you running? IDE? SATA?

From the picture it is having issues loading the IDE / ata module on your system.

IF you've got SATA disks you should be able to press F11, and enter no=ata_piix after the word quiet and see what happens.

EDIT: Re-read your post. I'd recommend doing the recovery by CD instead of the windows -> reboot method. You may not have the above problem at all going this way.

Obviously your dual booting the system?. In which way, does and does it not fail?

XP on partition 1 -> XP partition 2?
    Xp on partition 2 -> Xp partition 1?

3. hodnik

hodnik Registered Member

Running one SATA 3.0 drive.

Will try that and reports back.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2007
  4. hodnik

hodnik Registered Member

Just tried booting the recovery CD and using 'no=ata_piix', as well as the mentioned suggestion in the read me before posting sticky. Can't get into it..

From Windows,
    When trying to replace partition 1 from partition 1 - reboot required (fail)
    When trying to replace partition 1 from partition 2 - Ok
    When trying to replace partition 2 from partition 1 - reboot required (fail)
    When trying to replace partition 2 from partition 2 - reboot required (fail)

5. Unit01

Unit01 Registered Member

For the second operation where it succeeds, which partition are you booting from, and is it a reboot required, yet successful restore scenario?

Remove the word quiet when booting the recovery CD, and boot the full version, post where it fails on the screen as you did earlier.

6. hodnik

hodnik Registered Member

Thanks much for help so far, it is greatly appreciated. I will reply in a moment.

When the operation succeeds, I have booted windows on partition 2 and from windows restored partition 1 w/o the need to reboot. All other times/combinations a reboot is required.

Dan.

7. hodnik

hodnik Registered Member

8. hodnik

hodnik Registered Member

To a new thread, this problem has been fixed by using bartPE with plugins.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.