Errors but no errors ?

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by Banshee, May 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Banshee

Banshee Registered Member

I installed first defense on my "new" pc.Created a secondary snapshot.

I updated my secondary snapshot and when it finished updating it showed an error:(above the progress bar) It read:
    -------
    29/05/2007 23.47 1000 CMD> COPY "Primary Snapshot" "Secondary Snapshot" EXCLUDE *.tmp
    29/05/2007 23.47 1032 Copying snapshot "Primary Snapshot" to "Secondary Snapshot"
    29/05/2007 23.51 1034 Copied 0.59 Gb (1805 files, 339 dirs); Deleted 0.04 Gb (765 files, 9 dirs); Errors 1; 4 minutes 2 seconds
    -----------

In the transfer info details there was no error tho.It read errors:0

Do I have to be worried ?

2. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I saw this a few times too, I didn't accept this, it has to be right even on top. It's a mistery. I think nobody knows the answer here. This is a question for support.

3. mata7

mata7 Registered Member

i was for 3 weeks Whit raxco about this problem, after 3 weeks of sending file back and forward to support they never fix it or found what could be the problem, and now is been like 2 weeks they never contact me, i was lucky that i was using the trial so i stop using it cause i just don't know what the problem is and i cant trust it Whit all thus errors, i was getting like 35 and 100, do you use vista?

4. Banshee

Nope.Xp

5. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

The same happened to me Mata, lots of copy errors, tried various things for Raxco, then they stopped selling FD and I heard no more even though I wrote.
    I also have stopped using for now. Did not have vista, but did use that patch update.

6. flinchlock

flinchlock Registered Member

Per my post Where to purchase ISR technologies

Yup still waiting... wait, wait, I heard something... hell/hades freezing over... :rolleyes:

THANK GOODS FOR ALL THE HELP HERE AT WILDER'S!

Mike

7. Banshee

And now what ? Are we stuck ? I don't want to give up first defense.:mad:

8. flinchlock

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1000358&postcount=13
    Per Todd, the guy that wrote the software.

Mike o_O

9. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

The development of FDISR is also frozen, they changed only three things, since I bought it.

1. The feature for creating compressed snapshots.
    2. The compatibility with winVISTA.
    3. The boot method from MBR to PBR.
    Three improvements for selling FDISR to more users.

But nothing of the wish list has been included in those releases.

10. Banshee

11. flinchlock

Per Where to purchase ISR technologies
    If Raxco doesn't sell anymore, the support will also decrease stop.

OT: The exact same thing when Symantec acquired PowerQuest PartitionMagic 8.0

Mike

12. Banshee

I wonder if any of them "bootbackers" got the same problem and got it fixed somehow....Let's hope somebody shows up..

13. flinchlock

The next time I buy a highly recommended product here on Wilder's, I think I will just donate $ to Wilder's!
    Code:
    Product Name                            Qty    Type              Price        
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FirstDefense Workstation 1-Pack         1      Download Version    US $55.96

[B]Raxco Product Support                   1      Maintenance         US $13.99[/B]

Subtotal:   US $69.95
                                                           Shipping:    US $0.00
                                                                Tax:    US $0.00
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                              Total:   US $69.95
    Mike

14. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Flinchlock - The regular price for FD was $69.95 and you got a discount which pretty much gave you the maintenance for nothing. Thanks to Raxco we got nothing.

15. flinchlock

Crap, I forgot about that... :oops:

Mike

16. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

17. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

maybe you can live by that one,you have only one error i have sometimes 4 to 6 . and never had any problems,but it is no good thus sent them the logs.

18. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

Just realise you have the FD ISR copy,**** they are out off biz. with this thingy,you can search FD-ISR forum for this problem,there in past more people with similar problems posting.

19. flinchlock

Not quite right, Raxco is just a re-seller of FD-ISR... they did sell and support FD-ISR.

FD-ISR is "made" by http://www.leapfrogsoftware.com/
    Mike

20. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

i ment to say,how can get these FD users their support,Raxco staying silent and Leapfrogg is only developper with no aid in support as far as i know.

21. Banshee

If bad comes to worse I can see people ditching first defense ..me included.I do hope it won't come to that.

22. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I don't know about you, but it isn't often I cough up $70 for an app. If it works I'll be keeping it. If it gives me grief, I'll ask here and keep it. :D

23. screamer

screamer Registered Member

For the most part FD-ISR is a reliable app. If you look at some of the other sections of Wilders you'll see tens hundreds of app related issues. In this regard we're kinda fortunate. Yes, FD-ISR has some issues for some users, but w/ the help of the knowledgeable among us, we pretty much keep the tech support tickets to a minimum. I'm not suggesting that tech support is not needed, just that we have been able to solve some of the simple issues concerning FD-ISR.

Personally I don't believe that Raxco abandoned us, just yet. Susie is on extended leave and I don't know if there is a replacement for her (yet or will there be)

I'm sure this doesn't mean a hill of beans to those experiencing problems right now.

With this being said, hopefully the developer (LeapFrog) will step up to the plate and accept trouble tickets to support the app that they designed. We were directed to Raxco (and other distributors) through LeapFrog since they do not distribute to end-users / non-corporate accounts.

...screamer

24. jwcca

jwcca Registered Member

Hi Mata, Like you I get a lot, but they fall into two types. The first is jpg, gif, png files which are used by open applications. These show errors, but the file is copied, complete with the NTFS ADS streams. The second is the PG security files which do NOT copy and are correctly reported as errors, assuming that you wanted them copied. You must shutdown PG and then the files are copied.
    I went through a period where I tried to reduce the 'false' errors by closing other apps. but in the end, I just make sure that PG is 'off' and do a quick scan of the log to ensure that only jpg, gif and png files are shown. Actually doing two copies and checking only the second log is pretty easy.
    As for the concern in the rest of this thread, FD works, I'm not upgrading to Vista so I see no reason to be alarmed that support might disappear entirely. If 'it ain't broke' I won't need to fix it.
    Jim

25. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

I see the whole picture very clearly now. Thank Goodness i got my copy b4 they made changes which also included (UGh!) Vista support, and therein lies a HUGE problem for ALL vendors trying to integrate Vista support into an XP app.

My old version works to perfection provided i use nothing $M as in RSS Copy Engine and thats the way it will remain.

I pity so many peeps who fell head over heels for Vista only to find they are in deeper doo doo then b4.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.