Errors 3012 / 3011

Discussion in 'Returnil releases' started by philby, Sep 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. philby

philby Registered Member

Hi Mike

I'm running Version 3.2.12918.5857-REL14 on a newly built machine with a Crucial M4.

Until I installed RSS, Event Viewer was always clean, but since installing I'm getting 3012 and 3011 errors once only 2 minutes after boot with the following descriptors respectively:

The performance strings in the Performance registry value is corrupted when process Performance extension counter provider. The BaseIndex value from the Performance registry is the first DWORD in the Data section, LastCounter value is the second DWORD in the Data section, and LastHelp value is the third DWORD in the Data section.

Unloading the performance counter strings for service WmiApRpl (WmiApRpl) failed. The first DWORD in the Data section contains the error code.

If I uninstall RSS and reboot, the errors are not logged.

I just wanted to check whether this is SSD + RSS related and whether these errors really matter...I'm not getting any BSODs or instability, though I'm not really using the machine productively right now.

(Win 7 64 + 25% allocated of 128GB to VM mode.)

Thanks in advance

philby

EDIT Logs sent with reference to this thread, just in case...

Last edited: Sep 28, 2011
  2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi philby,
    Updated the QC team on this and will have a reply sent to you through the support system as quickly as possible.

Mike

3. philby

philby Registered Member

Hi Mike - further to support's advice (for a temporary fix), I turned off VM at boot, rebooted and ran the lodctr /r command, which completed successfully.

I then turned VM at boot back on and rebooted. This resulted in Event 3009:

Installing the performance counter strings for service %1 (%2) failed. The first DWORD in the Data section contains the error code.

I really don't want to waste your time if these errors are insignificant to the running of Windows, so just let me know if they can be ignored...

philby

4. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.