Error:

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by marse.robert, Mar 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marse.robert

marse.robert Registered Member

Hi,

I have two 74 Gig WD Raptors. When I first purchased TI8, I placed the Secure Zone on Disk 2, and everything worked perfectly. I also have a 140 Gig USB WD external drive which is split in to 4 partitions.

I dismantled the Secure Zone on Disc 2 and placed it on the first partition of the USB drive. TI8 accepted the Secure Zone and allowed me to create a full image. I then tested the restore: TI8 accepted the thought of the restore and requested a reboot. TI8 then allowed the restore from the Acronis Loader and successfully accomplished this task.

On reboot, however, I got the following message "Acronis Loader fatal error: Boot Drive (Partition) not found. Press (Enter) to try to Boot your OS."

Although the task was successful and no outward damage, I am a little worried in leaving this matter.

Your comments would be appreciated.

marserobert

2. MiniMax

MiniMax Guest

Hi Marse - I am not familiar with Secure Zone, but unless the term "dismantled" has a well-defined meaning to Secure Zone users, I think you need to clarify exactly how you did that dismantling....

3. marse.robert

marse.robert Registered Member

Hi Minimax,

Sorry about the wording. By "dismantled" I mean that I uninstalled the Secure Zone resting on Disk 2; Disk 2 is now a complete 74 Gig HD. I then installed the Secure Zone on the 1st Partition of the external drive.

Hope that clarifies the matter?

marse.robert

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello marse.robert,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

Please unplug your external drive, try to boot from your internal drive and let us know whether the problem persists.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello marserobert,

You were managing the Secure Zone and imaging in Windows mode. Therefore, a bit of a guess, but I think you should have carried out a system reboot in between relocating the Secure Zone to the USB drive and creating the image.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.