Error With Installation File!!!

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Wiehan, Aug 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wiehan

Wiehan Registered Member

I downloaded SpywareBlaster from two different servers and both times I recieved an error when launching the setup file: "The setup file are corrupt. Please obtain a new copy!" (Or something like that). I have the visual basic runtime files installed. What do I do?

[GLOW]Please HELP!!![/GLOW]

(Don't tell me just to try downloading again - I've tried twice allready - there must be another sollution)

Last edited: Aug 14, 2005
  2. Beefcarver

Beefcarver Registered Member

if you have 3.3 and are upgrading to 3.4 you must first disable all protection from 3.3 then delete it then download 3.4 and enable protection.

3. hardweld

hardweld Guest

i have turned off all protection then deleted 3.3 and have downloaded 4 times each time from a new mirror to get the same message.
    it would seem that the file pool is in need of repair or replacement,or perhaps we all have the same problem with windows installer.
    either way an answer to this would be appreciated and if Javacool could put in a posting to satisfy our queery.

4. Wiehan

Wiehan Registered Member

I don't have a previous version of this software - thus that CANNOT be the problem! I am disgruntled that two people, hardweld and I, have the SAME problem, and after hearing an extensive amount of eulogy for this piece of software - I cannot believe that the support is so extremely POOR. Can someone, preferably and moderator/administrator can find some kind of solution or give me another link to download or just explain why this is happening! I have Windows XP installed, thus the software is supposed to work - at least the installation file, but I can't even run that; IT GIVES AN ERROR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE CONTACT ME.

5. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

6. Wiehan

Wiehan Registered Member

Although that is not the download link, I have downloaded it from 2 different sites. I'll try again, maybe to some avail...

7. Wiehan

Wiehan Registered Member

Yes, I have read the troubleshooting and FAQ. Nevermind, bad word of mouth towards your software and support is all you'll get from me...

I won't log in again, so if you want to contact me, do so via email.

8. Wiehan

Wiehan Registered Member

Alas, success. After ONLY three attempts - don't you wish all software is so accessible!

9. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

The good news is -- it's free! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.