Error while using BartPE Plugin of TI Echo Server (latest)

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by patrickfritz, Feb 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. patrickfritz

patrickfritz Registered Member

I really don't know what to do!

Since True Image Echo Server it doesn't work anymore under BartPe.
    I always get the error:

E00070021
    Unable to create volume snapshot

Ok short descripion of the problem:

I boot up BartPe from USB drive and I want to save my entire harddisk which is build in the computer onto this usb drive.
    With TI Server Version 9.X it always worked for me, but with none of the Echo Server Versions.

I contacted Acronis Support but all they said (in short) was: "use the rescue medium version". And that is no option, i use BartPe with additional programs i need, a linux version of acronis is not possible for me. I am really disappointed about Acronis' Support.

Has anybody of you an idea ?

Thanks in advance,

Patrick from Germany

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello patrickfritz,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

Try to create WinPE bootable disc with your version of Acronis True Image program and see if the issue persists. Do the following to create WinPE bootable disc with Acronis True Image:

1. Install Acronis True Image BartPE plug-in.
    Depending on the product version, Acronis WinPE ISO Builder locates Acronis True Image BartPE plug-in using one of the following registry keys:

- Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Acronis\TrueImageWorkstation\Settings\BartPE
    - Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Acronis\TrueImageServer\Settings\BartPE
    - Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Acronis\TrueImageEnterpriseServer\Settings\BartPE
    - Acronis True Image Echo Workstation: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Acronis\TrueImageEchoWorkstation\Settings\BartPE
    - Acronis True Image Echo Server for Windows: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Acronis\TrueImageEchoServer\Settings\BartPE
    - Acronis True Image Echo Enterprise Server: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Acronis\TrueImageEchoEnterpriseServer\Settings\BartPE

If you move Acronis True Image BartPE plug-in to another folder after installation, change the registry key accordingly. If the above key is missing, Acronis WinPE ISO Builder will not work.

2. Insert your WinPE distribution CD into the media drive of the computer. If you have a distribution copy on the hard disk, copy the path to it. The distribution files must be unpacked and allocated in a separate folder. Acronis does not ship WinPE distribution files. You can get it from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...6D-15F3-4284-9123-679830D629F2&displaylang=en
    3. Select Start -> Programs -> Acronis -> Acronis True Image -> Acronis WinPE ISO Builder.
    4. Specify a source folder for building WinPE ISO, i.e. the media drive with Win PE distribution or a folder with the distribution copy.
    5. Locate a folder where you want to create WinPE ISO and provide the name for the ISO file.
    6. Check your settings in the summary screen and click Proceed.
    7. Use any third-party tool that will burn ISO images to CD or DVD.
    Media based on Win PE 2.0 and including Acronis True Image requires at least 768 MB of RAM to work.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

3. patrickfritz

That doesn't help.

I really do not understand why Version 9.1 works and Echo not.

Is it possible that the problem has something todo with snapman and co. ?

4. Acronis Support

Hello Patrick,

Thank you for using Acronis Corporate Products

The issue can be related to your hardware configuration.

Please download Acronis Report utility available here and run it, create a report. Please compress the Acronis Report output file into an archive (e.g. with WinZip).
    This would provide us with detailed information on the hard disk partition structure.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

5. patrickfritz

Heres an report.txt attachement.

The Harddisk to create an image of is FUJITSU MHT2040BH (Number 2).

I really want to use Acronis True Image Echo Server again, to put that old Ghost 8 away (which indeed works).

Attached Files:

6. Acronis Support

Hello Patrick,

Thank you for using Acronis Corporate Products

The file you provided doesn't detect any problems with the partition structure. It appears that the appropriate drivers were implemented improperly. I can suggest you to re-create BartPE media in accordance with the article Working with Acronis True Image Plug-In for BartPE, i.e. you shouldn't add other programs into BartPE environment.

This will help to localize the issue.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.