Error while creating a back up - can't find the back up file

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by fiery360, Mar 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fiery360

fiery360 Registered Member

I am using v8.0.771.

While creating a back up, I encountered an error message. I can't exactly remember the message; but it asked me whether I want to send an error message. I selected "no".

Then I found out that the back up procedure did not complete - because of insufficient storage space. I had about 23 GB of free space (out of 60 GB) before I started the back up. I selected a normal compression option. The hard drive had about 53 GB of storage space (6 GB with windows OS partition) before I did the back up.

Now my hard drive shows about 680 MB of free space and I can't even find an incomplete back up file. Where did 20 GB of space go? I even tried Treesize Professoinal to see if any of the folder has more than 20 GB of space; so that I can delete the file. But I can not find it either.

My computer set up is as follows:
    1.6 Pentium Mobile
    Windows XP Home
    512 MB RAM
    60 GB HD

Thank you...

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello fiery360,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

Could you please send Acronis Report (please see https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=55317 for the instructions) to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread? This will allow us to investigate the problem. Also please make sure you have your Recycle bin emptied and haven't got it protected with Norton tools (they prevent actual emptying the Recycle bin).

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. fiery360

fiery360 Registered Member

Acronis Support:

Thank you the response.
    As you mentioned, it was Norton Protected Recycle Bin. I deleted protected file (I only purged mine - there are two options: "purge all" and "purge yours") and now it's showing 23 GB of space.

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.