Error when trying to open Spyware Blaster

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by jozzabear, Jun 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jozzabear

jozzabear Registered Member

Hi, I have had Javacool Spyware Blaster on my computer for a while now & did an update several days ago which updated OK, but when I tried to open the program again tonight, got a msg:

Cannot find import; DLL may be missing, corrupt, or wrong version. File "MSVBVM60.DLL" error 126

Searched these forums & found someone got a similar msg except the error number was different to 126, & response was to download something from Microsoft, however I didn't want to do this in case it was the wrong thing to do because my error number was different.

I uninstalled Spyware Blaster using Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel, and then downloaded Spyware Blaster again from the Internet, & went thru the Installation instructions & all went OK. However, when I tried to open Spyware Blaster again, I got the same error message.

I am running Windows XP Home Service Pack 1, Zone Alarm Pro firewall, Norton 2006 Anti-Virus, have Ad-Aware SE Personal freeware, Spybot, & Spyware Doctor. I run scans every day to check for viruses, etc.

I am no guru o_O & need help to figure out o_O what the problem is. Can someone pls help me? :D

Jozzabear

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

3. jozzabear

Ok, will give that a try & see what happens - thanks for yr help ;)

Jozzbear

4. jozzabear

Hi, just checked the System Requirements on the Microsoft website for this Visual Basic Runtime file, but Windows XP is not supported in the list. So, I am very wary about downloading it:( .

What does this file actually do (or is it too technical to explain?)?

Will the file run on XP, or is it likely to mess up my computer? o_O

Jozzabear

5. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

6. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

Yes it will work on Windows XP, and yes it should fix your problem. :)

(The issue you are experiencing now is often caused by a bad installer from some other program that copied a much older version of that file to your system. Downloading a more recent version from Microsoft should fix your problems with SpywareBlaster while also ensuring that any other programs that rely on that .dll also run.)

Best regards,

-Javacool

7. jozzabear

:D Fantastic, thank you - downloaded & installed the update as suggested & now Javacool Spyware Blaster works. Really appreciate your help :thumb:

Jozzabear

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.