Error when starting to clone to new HDD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by tech_priyesh, Aug 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tech_priyesh

tech_priyesh Registered Member

Hi,

I am a new user of Acronis True Image server for Windows ver 8.

I have a Windows 2000 Server.
    I am in the process of cloning an existing 18 gb SCSI HDD with 2 partations to a brand new 76 GB SCSI HDD.

The options I have used are as follows
    Select Transfer Mode - Manual
    Source was Disk 1
    Destination was Disk 2

Delete Partation on destination HDD

Old Disk Data - Keep

Propotional - new partations were C: 31 GB and D: 37 GB

I went through the selection screen and the server rebooted to the Dos style screen where Acronis starts to Clone the HDD. I got an error stating unable to create partation or something like that - I tried R for retry a few times and then hit A to ignoreAll.

It seems to be cloning but very slowly - Can anybody advice if they have encountered this error and what are the implications.

Appreciate any assistance.

Thanks Priyesh

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Priyesh,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

First of all, please make sure you use the latest build, which is available on our web site at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/. To get access to updates you should register your software first at http://www.acronis.com/my/products/registration/. Please disable any download managers, internet download/connection boosters, etc. before the download.

If the error persists with the latest build please create Acronis Report in the way described at Acronis Help Post and send to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. Please include the exact error message into your letter.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.