Error when preforming various tasks with this program

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Zork, Jan 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zork

Zork Registered Member

I've been having a recurring problem that appears to happen randomly when preforming different tasks. Whenever I come to a point where there is a progress bar, a message pups up telling me that a visual C++ error has caused the runtime to stop. The progress then stops at 0%, and the program freezes.

Can anyone help?

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

What version of True Image are you using?
    What build number?

What operating system are you using?
    What sort of computer?
    What type of drive are you trying to backup and to what target?

Does the same thing happen when you boot from the Recovery CD?

3. Zork

Zork Registered Member

-Version 10 build 4,871
    -Windows XP SP2
    -What computer specs do you need exactly?
    -I'm backing up a hard drive, and its happened when backing up to various different places.
    -I've never tried to boot from a recovery CD.

Like I said, the problem seems completely random, sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. It only appears when the program does anything where a progress bar appears, and a tray icon indicating progress % appears.

4. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

What programs do you have running in the background, AV/Firewalls, JTAG, Java servers etc?

Is your video driver up to date?

Colin

5. Zork

Zork Registered Member

I have AVG anti-virus running in the back-ground, and video drivers are up to date.

6. jmk94903

7. Zork

Zork Registered Member

Desktop, P4MBMS with a dual-core Pentium 4 3.4GHz

IDE, no raid

Internal SATA 2 hard drive, DVD RW, and Secure Zone. Its happened with all three. It also happened a while trying to create the Secure Zone the first time. BTW, is there any way to remove the Secure Zone?

What exactly am I supposed to do with this? Will it repair the program and let it run normally?

No, like I said in a previous post: Progress stops at 0%, and the program freezes.

8. jmk94903

OK, this is new hardware, and that may be the problem. However, you are using standard hard drives which is good.

You can remove the SecureZone from within TrueImage. Click on Mangage the SecureZone and follow the prompts to remove it. Select where you want the space to be restored.
    The Recovery CD runs TrueImage in a Linux environment. It's totally independent of the Windows installation on your computer. If the problems you are having are due to software installed under Windows, it won't be a problem when you boot from the CD because you will be running Linux. That's why it's such a good diagnostic.

Create the boot CD and give it a try. Report back on what happens.
    OK, I understand now that you have never successfully created a backup. It sounded at first as if sometime TrueImage ran normally and sometimes it locked up or gave errors. Now, I understand that it never runs properly. That's why it's important to try the Recovery CD.

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Zork,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please collect some information to help us investigate the issue thoroughly:

Please collect the user.dmp and drwtsn32.log the way described in this previous post

Please also create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.