Error when installing process guard

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by HelpMe0000000006, Jul 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have an error when installing process guard . it says couldn't install process guard driver. can anybopdy help?

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi, ProcessGuard must be installed from an Administrators account and not from an ordinary users account.
    Please describe your operating system details and what other security software you are running.

Thanks. Pilli

3. there's only 1 user ( excluding window's default administrator ) and i AM the administrator with all administrator privileges. my os is Windows XP Service Patch 2 , 1.7ghz 140gb of memory, 512 ddr ram, Geforce 4 MX440. my security software... Norton AntiVirus2005, spybot search & destroy, ad aware

4. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

When installing ProcessGuard and off line, please disable your other security software, especially AdAware's Adwatch and Spybot's Teatimer if you have them running.
    There is another problem that may occur with certain graphic card drivers, so please ensure you have the latest official drivers for your GeForce 4

If you had an older version of PG installed please follow the instructions here:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=63314 and here: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=16931

HTH Pilli

5. actually, both are offline except for norton and i could install v.3050 without any problem with it

6. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Please follow the complete removal instructions posted in the link above and then try again, if you installed 3.050 then the old driver may need to be removed manually. You can do this from safe mode, the file is *\windows\system32\drivers\procguard.sys or normal mode providing it is not running.

Pilli

7. done, and i updated the driver. now after setup it doesn't say that driver couldn;t be installed. but now i face the problem in processguard status. it says : error in initializing . Check dcsuserprot.exe
    I opened dcsuserprot then a bios came out, with a line blinking. then, after bout 10 secs the window disappears again

8. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi, dcsuserprot.exe and there is one instance for each user it is not a GUI process, procguard.exe is the GUI interface.

I am not sure what you are doing exactly but after install one should reboot and PG should be in learning mode and will remain so for two more reboots as it learns your system.

Pilli

9. thanks, Pilli. My problem is solved. ( guess i shouldn't have disabled process guard from my startup list before it got to learn by pc ) after 2 reboots can i disable process guard from my startup list?

10. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

PG's driver should always be working whereas, once you have completed learning mode, the GUI can be closed and protection will still be active providing it was enabled before exiting. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.