Error when attempting to migrate to SSD...

Discussion in 'Other Paragon Disk Utilities' started by Mr Davo, Sep 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr Davo

Mr Davo Registered Member

Hi Everyone,

I am attempting to migrate a Windows 7 laptop OS to Solid State Drive using Paragon OS to SSD 3.0. I have used this software several times before on other computers and it has worked fine. However on this occasion I am seeing the error screen below -

http://www.systemcontrol.com.au/images/captures/Paragon%20Migrate%20OS%20to%20SSD%20Error%20Message.PNG

I have attempted the migration twice, once with a USB3 compatible External USB Enclosure, and once with a USB2 External Drive Bay. The laptop that I am using only has USB2 ports, so I considered the possibility that using a USB3 External Enclosure could be the source of the issue (however given that the process has failed with both USB2 / USB3 I think it is safe to say that this isn't affecting the outcome).

I am now attempting migration with the Samsung Data Migration utility that came with the SSD and will report back once the migration has completed (probably a couple of days from now).

In the meantime I am wondering if anybody can shed any light on what the error that I am seeing means.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Davo

2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

To figure out what went wrong, I need Paragon log files
    Could you please run LogCollector wizard and save log files locally. Then attach archive here.
    If archive is too big (more that 1MB) , then please open it, extract stubact.log file, zip it and attach only one log.

It will give more details about error.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.