Error when attempting to migrate to SSD...

Discussion in 'Other Paragon Disk Utilities' started by Mr Davo, Sep 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr Davo

Mr Davo Registered Member

Hi Everyone,

I am attempting to migrate a Windows 7 laptop OS to Solid State Drive using Paragon OS to SSD 3.0. I have used this software several times before on other computers and it has worked fine. However on this occasion I am seeing the error screen below -

http://www.systemcontrol.com.au/images/captures/Paragon%20Migrate%20OS%20to%20SSD%20Error%20Message.PNG

I have attempted the migration twice, once with a USB3 compatible External USB Enclosure, and once with a USB2 External Drive Bay. The laptop that I am using only has USB2 ports, so I considered the possibility that using a USB3 External Enclosure could be the source of the issue (however given that the process has failed with both USB2 / USB3 I think it is safe to say that this isn't affecting the outcome).

I am now attempting migration with the Samsung Data Migration utility that came with the SSD and will report back once the migration has completed (probably a couple of days from now).

In the meantime I am wondering if anybody can shed any light on what the error that I am seeing means.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Davo

2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

To figure out what went wrong, I need Paragon log files
    Could you please run LogCollector wizard and save log files locally. Then attach archive here.
    If archive is too big (more that 1MB) , then please open it, extract stubact.log file, zip it and attach only one log.

It will give more details about error.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.