Error when Acronis Secure Zone is full

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ed57, Jan 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ed57

ed57 Registered Member

Hi ! I'm a new member and French, so sorry in advance when my English isn't clear enough ! :rolleyes:

I'm running Acronis True Image 8 build 791 (the last release) under XP pro on a recent pc with a 120 GO hard disk. I created a secure zone with around 20 GO and the first full image file of my disk. Until here, no problem !
    After a few incrementals image files, i read this error message : Disk is full, can not create the image (something like this !) Each time i have this error, i must delete the secure zone and create a new one, create a new full image again because i don't want to increase the secure zone everytime !
    Normaly, the software should delete an old image file and create the new incremental one. o_O
    Could anybody help me, please ? *puppy*

Last edited: Jan 27, 2005
  2. ed57

ed57 Registered Member

IS THERE ANYBODY OUT THERE ??!!!! o_O :(

3. You will need to set up two scheduled tasks:

The first will be to schedule a full backup (say on Sunday Nights...)

The second one will be to schedule incremental backups Monday through Saturday.

From what I understand this will keep you from having to delete secure zone every time it fills up because when a new full image is made it automatically deletes the old one (along with the previous incremental backups -- Acronis mods, please verify) I have read this from previous posts...

Best of luck....

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

In general, JustTryingToHelp proposed the right way. It will prevent you from recreating Acronis Secure Zone and images each time. However when the old full image is replaced with the new one the incrementals (which are no longer useful) are not deleted at the same time. They are deleted when the new incrementals are created.

Briefly, after the first week you will have 7 files constantly (6 incrementals and one full) but some of the incrementals will be of no use. We plan to introduce the option of finding and deleting the non-valid incrementals in future versions of Acronis True Image. When you restore the image these non-valid images won't be of any problem for you may click on the full image and then Acrons True Image will find all the appropriate incrementals itself.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. ed57

ed57 Registered Member

[GLOW]Thank you very much, JustTryingToHelp ! You didn't only try, but you really did help !![/GLOW]

I did as you explained it but manually (just to see) and it works ! Yeahhhhh !
    You was right. Secure Zone needs to have a second full image to be able to delete the other one with incremental image. (it depends of diskspace in secure zone).
    Thanks a lot, guy and have a nice day

6. ForumReader

ForumReader Guest

Thanks for this thread, it helps me with this specific backup problem that I have encountered.

How big would the Secure Zone be in order to do what JustTryingToHelp suggested, i.e. 2 full and 14 incremental on a typical 4-6 GB image?

Another question about Secure Zone, can it be resided on a second phyical hard disk drive (EIDE or IDE internal)?

Thanks for any help.

7. Acronis Support

Hello ForumReader,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

The size of Acronis Secure Zone strongly depends on your disks. I can suggest that you create the images on the hard drive out of Acronis Secure Zone for the first week and evaluate the necessary size.

Acronis Secure Zone can be organized at any disk you have in your system.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

8. gbark

gbark Registered Member

Ilya,

I just wanted to pop in and say "Thanks" for a beautifully phrased explanation!:

It's always great to see an explanation that makes sense.

Now [GLOW="green"]that[/GLOW] would be terrific! :D

9. Acronis Support

Hello gbark,

Glad to be of help to you (and hope to others as well). If you have any further questions concerning Acronis True Image please feel free to ask on this forum or via e-mail support@acronis.com.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.