ERROR: Visual C++ runtime library

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by dfkeene, May 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dfkeene

dfkeene Registered Member

Hi All
    I have seen references to the message that Visual C++ runtime library pops up and closes down my True Image Home version 10. I removed and reinstalled TI 10, and reinstalled viisual c++ runtime library. I am still getting this error.

I installed a trial version of True Image Home 2009, and that works fine. Any suggestions?
    Thanks
    Doug

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello dfkeene,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image 10.0 Home

The most probable cause is that the drive letters have been changed in Windows after creating Acronis Backup Locations. The issue is resolved by doing the following:

1. Use Windows Explorer to browse for the existing Backup Locations directories. Manually delete configuration files (*.cfg) from them.

2. Run "regedit" command from Start -> Run and search for the following key:

* HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Acronis\Fomatik\PlaceBrowser\FavoritePlaces

3. Delete all existing subkeys under FavoritePlaces:

The issue should be resolved. Backup archive will still be accessible in the folder where there was Backup Location. You can then create new Backup Location and start using it. If you create it in the same folder where it was before and you had there backup archives, they will show up in Backup Location.

As a workaround you can upgrade Acronis True Image Home 10.0 to Acronis True Image Home 2009. Use the following link for more details about Acronis True Image Home 2009.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.