ERROR: - True Image and Disk Director

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by iR0K, May 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iR0K

iR0K Registered Member

I bought the Acronis collection way back in the day of production in my opinion Disk Director 10 is the NEW King of disk partitioning, cloning, merging, etc.. oh yes the tiz true the day's of Partition Magic are over it was a sad day way back then as Partition Magic had ruled the roost for many a year.

Then came the demise of Norton Ghost as True Image took over as the new prince of darkness when fatal mistakes erased your long years work in seconds but fear not.. True Image once again saves the day EXACTLY!

Recently, i bought a new Sil 0680 Ultra ATA/133 PCI-to-ATA Host Controller HERE so i could add an extra hard disk as an IDE/PCI/RAiD in one of my free PCI slots on the motherboard.

Since adding the card every time i goto use Acronis Disk Director or True Image in DOS the programs boot and work but now i get the message HDA: Bad Access Block xxxxxxxx=,1 and i don't know why i have read the guides on SCSI and the software is finding the hard disk fine.

I can partition it, true image it, i can do what i want with the Acronis software it still works but this is puzzling because if i take the card out and then try and use the software in DOS mode i don't get that error message as if it never happened. I tried booting the drive without the card installed and Acronis software works great still with no error message but as soon as i put the card back on the board Disk Director 10, True Image 9 Home, just don't like it i get the message with both.

Your thought's are most welcome please, Thank you.

2. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, iR0K

Welcome to Wilders and Acronis Forums.

I will not a great help, I am guessing it could be about Hard Drive Access and giving a warning about a bad block, the cause might be the Card Slot

As I say, I am only giving it a Guess. o_O

Take Care,
    ThQuest :cool:

3. iR0K

iR0K Registered Member

TheQuest, it can't be a bad block because if i take the card out and
    connect the drive to the motherboard i don't get the error message from
    either Disk Director or True Image.

I think it is something to do with recognising the SCSI properly but there
    are no settings for it in the software and details in the Acronis manuals
    about setting it up correctly are limited.

Thank you for your reply. :)

4. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, iR0K

So it probably the Card Slot Connection or the Card itself.
    I am not sure what you mean.

Does Windows Management see the Card and HDD with out problems, also have you tried runnng chkdsk X: /f /r just to double check :doubt: [ X being the Drive letter]

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

Last edited: May 21, 2006
  5. Bruce Mahnke

Bruce Mahnke Registered Member

Might want to check Device Manager to see if the PCI card is properly recognized without errors.

6. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

Either the SCSI card is bad, orr not seated correctly, or you have incorrect options set for the SCSI card, or the drive is not a SCSI drive.

Problem has nothing to do with Acronis software.

However, you do give a confusing piece of information.

Is the drive a sCSI drive?
    If not, it ain't gonna work with the SCSI card.
    I suspect the drive is not a SCSI drive because you say that the drive works properly when connected to the mobo. That's not gonna hasppen with a SCSI drive unless the mobo has built-in SCSI controller. Does the mobo include a SCSI controller?

What is the exact manufacturer and drive model number?

7. Howard Kaikow

That's not a SCSI controller.

Unless your OS has built-in support for that controller, you have to install drivers for the controller.

I expect that there are diagnostics from the manufacturer for ATA card.
    Run them.

8. Bruce Mahnke

Bruce Mahnke Registered Member

Howard,
    This card may well show up as a SCSI and RAID controller in Device Manager. The Promise and Maxtor, also by Promise report that way. Reviewing the mfg'rs web site they have drivers available. It would appear that installing a driver might solve his problem.

9. Howard Kaikow

Yes, many cards are reporte that way, because thgey actually do contain some SCSI stuff, but they are not SCSI cards.

The OP's problem is indeed likely due to an improper, or incompatible, driver.

10. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello iR0K,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software and Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

We are very sorry for the delay with the response.

First of all, please make sure that you use the latest builds of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home (3633) and Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0 (2117) which are available in the Product Updates section of your account at Acronis web site.

You can find the full version name and build number by going to Help -> About... menu in the main program window.

To get access to updates you should create an account then log in and use your serial number to register the software.

Please uninstall any previously installed build of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home by following Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Acronis True Image, prior to installing build 3633.

Note that you should create new Bootable Rescue CD(s) after installing the update.

You can download the latest versions of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home and Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0 User's Guides from the Homecomputing Documentation section of our web site.

If the problem still persists with Bootable Rescue CD(s) created using the latest builds of the above mentioned products then please do the following:

- Boot your computer from Bootable Rescue CD created using the latest build (3633) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home and create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

- Boot into Windows and create Acronis Report as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

- Rename the files collected to sysinfo_with.txt and report_with.txt;

- Turn off the computer and take the Host Controller having the issue out;

- Create Linux system information and Acronis Report once more;

- Rename the files collected to sysinfo_without.txt and report_without.txt;

Please note that sometimes the sysinfo.txt file is not readable from under Windows. In this case please try entering the file name using capital letters (SYSINFO.TXT) or follow the instructions provided in this previous post of mine.

If you do not have a floppy drive then please take a look at this previous post of mine explaining how to save the sysinfo.txt file to USB flash drive.

Please also let us know when you receive the "HDA: Bad Access Block xxxxxxxx=,1" message exactly.

Then please submit a request for technical support. Provide the files and information collected in your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.