Error Stopping Backup ATI 10

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by RichinCA, Nov 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RichinCA

RichinCA Registered Member

[ATI 10.0.4942]

I do a full backup everyday. On radom days, the backup stops with an error.
    The error reads:
    Module 1 Err(Code) 500(0x101F4) Failed to read the sector 473,378,078 of the hard disk 1: retry/ignore/ignore all/cancel

The backup stops and locks up at that point.

Is there a way I can tell the backup to ignore the error in the default settings?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello RichinCA,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please notice that the feature to ignore read errors during a backup was only implemented in Acronis True Image 11 Home.

Please download the latest version of Acronis drivers and install it with disabled logging.

Please notice that such error may indicate hard drive errors or memory errors. We recommend you to run "chkdsk /r" on all partitions of the hard drive in question.
    Also, we recommend you to make sure that the memory modules of your machine are not corrupt. Please download one of the archives depending on what media type you are going to use:
    - memtest for diskette
    - memtest for USB Flash drive
    - memtest for CD
    Unpack the archive and create bootable media with the test. Instructions on how to do it can be found in README.txt in the same archive. After that boot your PC from the media, memtest will start automatically. Please leave it running for several hours (for example, overnight). There should be no errors reported.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

3. Strangeman

Strangeman Registered Member

I had a similar error the other day trying to make a first image after installing TI 11 (although in my case the number was much lower - about 1,703,000 I seem to remember). Do the same answers apply in this case ? I ran chkdsk /r but the problem still occurred. Is this likely to be a disk problem, or something else. How do I specify which partition chkdsk will be applied to (basic question, I'm sure, but I haven't had cause to run it ever on my own machine).

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Strangeman,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.
    Yes, please follow the same instructions. You can specify which partition to check with "chkdsk X: /r" command (replace "X" with partition letter).

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.