Error #R31

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Logic, Jan 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Logic

Logic Guest

When I try to start TDS-3 on my laptop, I get the following error:

---
    Error #R31 - Couldn't load Radius system.
    Make sure RADIUS.TD3 is not in use by another instance of TDS Scanner, and that the RADIUS.TD3 file is not corrupt.
    ---

I only just installed TDS-3, and I downloaded the updated RADIUS.TD3 file.

The computer in question was inadvertantly connected to the internet without Windows Update security updates, and it has become infested with popup-displaying software and browser hijackers. When the process tree is viewed with Process Explorer from sysinternals.com, the ad windows are being shown in an IEXPLORE.EXE process spawned from the RPC subsystem service process (an SVCHOST.EXE hosting RpcSs). I haven't been able to identify how the adware got itself into the RPCSS service; all of the DLLs loaded by the process are apparently genuine.

What can I do? :) Also, even if I do get TDS-3 to work, does this sound like something it would be able to fix? (neither Spybot S&D nor GIANT/Microsoft AntiSpyware find the adware)

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Logic, Firstly make sure that the new radius file is in the main TDS3 folder.
    When you download from the DCS you should right click the link and use "Save Target As"
    Have you tried booting into Safe mode and running TDS3 from there?
    To reach safe mode restart your laptop and press F8 several times before windows starts to load. If TDS does load in scan control enable all the scans and then scan all physical drives, this an in depth scan and will take some time.
    BTW DCS will have to answer about that error code.

HTH Pilli

3. Logic

Logic Guest

I am certain that the data file is in the correct directory, and that it was downloaded in the proper way. I have verified the MD5 checksum of the file against that of the same file on a different computer where it is able to run.

I will try running it in safe mode.

4. Logic

Logic Guest

The same error occurs when the program is run in safe mode.

5. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

You might want to check your "radius.tds" file and be sure when you did the "Save Target As" that a ".txt" did not get added to the end. This sometimes happens if your OS does not initially recognize the ".tds" extension.....

HTH...

6. Logic

Logic Guest

I am certain the file is in the correct place with the correct extension. I use command-line tools for most jobs, including downloading files (wget).

7. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

This is a known problem if you have a non English OS, or an English OS with a language such as Chinese or Japanese set to default. Disabling such languages will fix the problem

TDS4 wont be affected by this of course

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.