Error opening the file. (0x40007) Tag = 0xF35F747B3B21FAC3

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by David07666, Nov 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David07666

David07666 Registered Member

When I try to backup a folder on another computer (over my network) I always see these errors in the log -- what do they mean?

In other words, TI 10 is running on PC#1 and I am backing up a network share, \\PC#2\folder, and storing the backup on PC#1

The backup itself seems to be OK.

Here's the log, where PC#2 is \\Toshiba-user\SusanDocuments

Error opening the file. (0x40007)
    Tag = 0xF35F747B3B21FAC3

Failed to determine corresponding partition for path '\\Toshiba-user\SusanDocuments\'.
    Backup operation will not snapshot that path.

Create Differential Backup Archive
    To file:"F: \Acronis Backup Location\SusanToshiba.tib"
    Compression:Normal
    Exclude:System files, Files matching mask
    Match criterion:*.bak, *.~, *.tmp,

Backup Archive Validation
    Number of increments:2
    Archive Type:File
    Last Archive Increment Created:
    Wednesday, November 01, 2006 1:03:02 AM

Operation has succeeded.

2. BanksiaParrot

BanksiaParrot Registered Member

Me too: I've had this message pretty much every day since 18 September, the fifth time I ran the program.

So I don't really trust my backups.

I've updated to 9.02 but there was no change.

3. David07666

I put this question to Acronis support 36 hours ago and have heard NOTHING so far (and yes, I am a registered user).

My guess is that it's because I'm referencing the location with a UNC instead of a drive letter. I haven't had a chance to test it using a drive letter and wouldn't want to as a permanent solution anyway because the other PC isn't always up and I'd just lose my link every time.

I don't think the error is actually a problem -- I tried restoring files from the TIB and had no trouble, but I would like an official answer from Acronis to preserve my peace of mind.

4. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

Hi David,

Acronis support are hardly well known for their rapid response, but you should have had an automated email when you submitted your request - almost immediately. It will contain your support ticket number in the subject and the body contain the likes of :

Thank you for contacting Acronis! We are sending you this letter to assure you that your message has been received and is being processed. Please do not submit your request more than once; multiple submissions generate extra paperwork that simply slows down response times....

If you have not received this I would check your SPAM trap.

If you have received this I think you may have to wait another day or two before trying something else :doubt:

F.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2006
  5. David07666

Whoops -- yes, I did get that automated response. So I guess I didn't get NOTHING, just nothing

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello David07666,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please find my answer in this thread you have previously started.

Please try to avoid posting duplicate requests in the future as it makes us as well as other forum members do a double work sometimes.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.