error on reinstall

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by stevvie, Mar 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stevvie

stevvie Registered Member

ok So I was getting blue screens in Windows7
    http://i40.tinypic.com/o73ntk.jpg
    So I uninstalled and restarted windows. I then proceeded to reinstall and was greeted with this ERROR window
    http://i39.tinypic.com/35mgkgm.jpg
    What do I do to fix this problem as L'n'S is become a bit of a nightmare in Windows7 After years of Flawless use in XP.

Thanks

2. Creer

Creer Registered Member

Hi,

I remember that when I was installing L'n'S first time on my Windows 7 machine (few months ago), the installation process went smooth... but I decided to back to previous state (without LnS on the board), so I used my restore image for that.
    After few moths I decided to install L'n'S one more time but this time on the same computer. I encountered then problems with LnS driver service - fortunatelly helped me this post with LnSRegPatch:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=696112&postcount=4
    After that everything works like a charm here.

3. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

With Regedit, could you check "DevicePath" value in [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion] ?

Normally it should be "%SystemRoot%\inf".
    Some users reported this kind of issue, and the problem was about that entry which was no longer pointing to "c:\windows\inf" (for an unknown reason, as Look 'n' Stop installer doesn't write into this key).

For the initial crash issue, if you have a minidump, please send it to lnssupport@soft4ever.com.

Thanks,

Frederic

4. stevvie

My Devicepath is pointing to %SystemRoot%\inf correctly in the reg. And sorry no minidump as I've has to COMPLETELY remove LNS and install PC tools/firewall plus.
    So at the moment I have a firewall I would prefer to use and paid for that I can't install and it seems that there ARE others that have had the SAME problem.

5. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

As far as I know minidump are not deleted when you uninstall a software.

So I simply understand you no longer want this problem to be solved as you have installed now another firewall.

Regards,

Frederic

6. dueceswild

dueceswild Registered Member

Is that error similar to error 0X80070002? I get that on install, then on restart I get the Infw error, but instead of 4 I get error code 0.

FWIW, I just got Defensewall, and was trying to find a good non-hips FW to go with it in case of a problem with that firewall. No luck with ESS, nor here. I am starting to think it's my system, but OA, and ZA both ran great. And, each has been cleaned out (to the best of my knowledge- and I cleaned as safely as I could). Never used any other uninstallers except product-related, then CCleaner.

I installed as trusted, disabled DW, NOD32, etc. Windows firewall is off.

link to own thread- https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=269337

Last edited: Apr 3, 2010
  7. stevvie

Of course I want the problem sorted on a program that I have paid for, but I can NOT be without a GOOD firewall in the meantime. I have recommended lns to all my friends and they have all purchased it, that's how good I thought the program was until this little problem that some of us are having.
    I have no files in my C:\Windows\Minidump folder and I can NOT get lns installed again. the problem isn't the blue screen it that fact that me and some others get an error on install then another error on reboot saying lns couldn't load the driver, so it try's to install but can't but still part installs. So there is no chance of more blue screens to fix/decode until i can get lns installed again.

dueceswild, sound like a similar problem but with different error codes as the end result is lns errors on install but still installs part way.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2010
  8. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

I’ve encountered such an screen regarding ‘DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL’ from the lnsfw.sys driver when purposely trying to mess things up to replicate the user dueceswild - https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=269337 experiences.

If you still can’t install Look ‘n’ Stop, and if you still interested in addressing this, don’t hesitate to say so. :)

9. stevvie

Still encountering the problem when trying to install LnS, and YES i would very much like the problem solved, as I think that LnS is a very good firewall apart from the same install Errors some people get. I sort of got the feeling from Frederic's post that becuase I brought LnS a while ago thats pretty much tough on me.

10. Phant0m

I know Frederic didn’t mean it the way that was interpreted, he’s a really good fella and it doesn’t matter if you recent purchaser or a very old, old one. :)

Frederic like many developers deal with situations that prevents the product from installing or functioning properly, more often enough it’s a fault of something else.

First I suggest we make sure that you have all traces of Look ‘n’ Stop fully removed before we proceed, please visit http://www.looknstop.com/En/faq_problems.htm#driver_remove and proceed to clean up the possible Look ‘n’ Stop remains.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2010
  11. Phant0m

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.