Error On File Restore Operation?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by pedrinsky, Nov 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pedrinsky

pedrinsky Registered Member

I'm a new user who has done a full backup followed by a couple of differential backups. I am playing around trying to recover specific files as a test. I deleted a file and went to the "Restore Data Wizard" and selected the specific file from my external backup drive. When I clicked "Proceed" the process started but I got an error message pop-up box.

"Error On Backup Operation"
    "Failed To Restore File or Folder"
    "Error Opening File"
    "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process"

I then clicked on "Ignore" and the file was restored successfully.

Can anyone explain what's going on here? The file was just from the My Docs folder which was closed at the time I tried restore.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello pedrinsky,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Could you please provide us with some additional information that will allow us to investigate this issue thoroughly and to provide you with a possible workaround?

- What is the exact name and build of the product that you use? You can find this information in the Help -> About dialog (it should be a 3 or 4 digit number).

- What file you tried to restore?

- Did you restore the file to the original location or to the new place?

- Please explain your step-by-step actions which you took that led you to this issue.

Please also send us the log file from Acronis True Image that contains the error message. In order to do so please do the following:

- run the program;

- select Show log on the toolbar or from the Tools menu;

- select the log with error messages;

- click "Save the log entry to file" (the diskette icon)

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

3. pedrinsky

pedrinsky Registered Member

Sorry Acronis Support but you are too late. I asked that question a MONTH ago, along with other error messages I was getting and am still waiting answers for. I contacted customer service and got a refund for the product and have since uninstalled it. I will be going to another backup product. The reason I left was total lack of tech support - not the product.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.