Error on ESS4 Install

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Krisatsol1, Jun 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krisatsol1

Krisatsol1 Registered Member

Hey guy's getting this error on a laptop trying to install ESS4 on can anyone advise a way around this?

Cheers -Kris

Installer Information

Could not write value Name to key \Software\ESET\ESET Security\CurrentVersion\1. Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your suport personnel.

Cancel Retry Ignore

2. Pauwell

Pauwell Registered Member

Hi, i have exactly the same problem. After uninstalling ESS4 after the Vista SP2 trouble i cant reinstall ESS4. I tried everything and unistall SP2 already, but i get always the same error messege like Krisatsol.

Iam Admin on this PC, Eset Service wa still running after uninstalling it, and removing the last Folders manually from the HDD. I could stop this service but the error messege ist still there.

I need a solution for this trouble with your Software!

Attached Files:

3. snake_anthony

snake_anthony Registered Member

4. Pauwell

this is really frustrating! Noone can help?

5. trencan

trencan Eset Staff

6. Pauwell

It doesnt worked. I did everything that was listed in that linked thread. deleted all folders, deleted all reg keys, deleted all service that was still there. I still get that messege that i have no rights to write a value in the registry. :thumbd: :thumbd: :thumbd:

7. trencan

trencan Eset Staff

Ok so I advised you to contact Marcos - ESET Moderator, he can provide you with Uninstaller tool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.