Error On Backing Up C Drive

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by leebrody, Sep 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leebrody

leebrody Registered Member

When I try to back up my C drive I get the attached error. I have backed up my C drive before with no problems. I have Windows XP installed.

Attached Files:

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Hello leebrody,

It looks like you either have a media card reader that's connected with no media in it, external CD-drive, or disconnected a device while the program was running.

If nothing above is the case, I would run a check disk on your C drive prior to backing up.

click Start > Run > type "cmd" > in the command line, type "chkdsk /r" and schedule the scan disk to run on next startup. Expect 30-45mins run time.

-Tommy

3. leebrody

leebrody Registered Member

I ran chkdsk but it made no difference. Under my computer 5 removable disks were shown but I only can see 4 outlets in the front of my computer for 4 different cards. I looked into my device manager and saw an Epson Stylus USB storage device listed. I have no idea what this is unless it's connected to my printer. I disabled this device and ran my backup again. After 9 minutes of backing up the Disk failure notification came back. I have no external CD ROMS attached.I'll disable my other removable drives and see what happens.

4. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

We can try disabling the devices one at a time:

Right click My Computer >> Manage >> Disk Management >> right click one of the extraneous disk, Properties >> under "Device Usage:" change to disabled.

You can do this to all the devices that you suspect is preventing the backup, especially the 4 memory card reader. I would first disconnect the printer and the memory card reader temporarily till after the backup.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.