Error On Backing Up C Drive

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by leebrody, Sep 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leebrody

leebrody Registered Member

When I try to back up my C drive I get the attached error. I have backed up my C drive before with no problems. I have Windows XP installed.

Attached Files:

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Hello leebrody,

It looks like you either have a media card reader that's connected with no media in it, external CD-drive, or disconnected a device while the program was running.

If nothing above is the case, I would run a check disk on your C drive prior to backing up.

click Start > Run > type "cmd" > in the command line, type "chkdsk /r" and schedule the scan disk to run on next startup. Expect 30-45mins run time.

-Tommy

3. leebrody

leebrody Registered Member

I ran chkdsk but it made no difference. Under my computer 5 removable disks were shown but I only can see 4 outlets in the front of my computer for 4 different cards. I looked into my device manager and saw an Epson Stylus USB storage device listed. I have no idea what this is unless it's connected to my printer. I disabled this device and ran my backup again. After 9 minutes of backing up the Disk failure notification came back. I have no external CD ROMS attached.I'll disable my other removable drives and see what happens.

4. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

We can try disabling the devices one at a time:

Right click My Computer >> Manage >> Disk Management >> right click one of the extraneous disk, Properties >> under "Device Usage:" change to disabled.

You can do this to all the devices that you suspect is preventing the backup, especially the 4 memory card reader. I would first disconnect the printer and the memory card reader temporarily till after the backup.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.