error msg - there is no default mail client or it doesn't fulfill message request

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by needhelpp, Jan 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. needhelpp

needhelpp Guest

i keep getting this before i scan. it's really annoying as i can't schedule it to run automatically at night, the msg will pop up.

i've already put outlook as my defaul email client. but i don't use it, as i've mostly html-based email e.g. hotmail. what exactly is the problem?

thanks a million!

2. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

just a thought - but have you rebooted since setting your default mail client?

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Run the on-demand scanner, on the Setup tab disable the Use MAPI interface option and save the change on exit. Next time you start the scanner the message should not pop up anymore.

4. balthus

balthus Registered Member

Marcos
    what setting do i change in the installer package so that this message doesn't pop up during push installation!
    thanks

5. Marcos

The message is actually invoked by MAPI installed in the system when EMON attempts to access some of its functions. It's not possible to do anything with that but wait for the new EMON which works completely differently. Another option is that you drop an email to support@eset.com with a link to this thread as well as your username and password and we will make a special installer for you without EMON embedded.

6. Mikkel

Mikkel Registered Member

This was very very annoying for me today
    Pushed installation to 20 + xp Pc today and none of them has a email client active cuase they are production support pc

I had to run up and down to server ( 2'nd floor) and the pc to click ok !
    Can you guy's please fix this before i get into shape and have to run a marathon ? :D

7. balthus

balthus Registered Member

hey mikel i did the same exact thing two weeks ago. it was more than annoying!
    a special installer file huh?
    i will say that is the kind of service i am comfortable selling to clients!

8. Mikkel

Mikkel Registered Member

I have another large installation cominig up, so if i understand you correct I can drop a email to support with the customers username and password and they will create a special installer pacage for me to that customer only ?

Or am I way off now ?

9. Marcos

It will be resolved in the new beta available shortly. The aforementioned installer is intended only for larger corporate installations.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.