Error message...

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Mercurybird, Oct 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mercurybird

Mercurybird Registered Member

I'm running Windows XP. I can't run my programs because of PG, the registered version of course. I have all of PGs protections enabled. For instance, when I tell Spider Solitaire to run I get an error pointing to the executable saying that it is an incorrect parameter.

I added it to PG and tried enabling and disabling all the flags etc., etc., etc.. All with the same result. I feel like I'm beating a dead horse, but why do I have to chose between full protection, and running the simplest programs on my system?

What can I do to rememdy this? I guess there's something I'm missing. If I disable PGs protection, I can run Spider or anything else. :-/

2. Jason_DiamondCS

Jason_DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Make sure "Block new and changed programs" isn't enabled?

3. Mercurybird

Okay that worked. Thank you Jason. Now if a rogue PRG changes something for its own diabolical purpose, does that mean PG will not stop it? Or purhaps not see it at all? Or will it allow it, and warn me?

4. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hi MercuryBird

No, it just means a popup box will ask you if you want to allow it. You can then allow or deny it once, or allow or deny it permenantly.

5. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Mercurybird, It is designed for an admin really, so that they can stop ordinary users from possibly compromising the system security. i.e. Ordinary users cannot load or change anything with the system locked.

Pilli

6. Mercurybird

Okay that's great. Thanks ya'll. I'm locked and loaded again... :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.