Error message

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by vman, Jun 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vman

vman Registered Member

I downloaded SpyWare Guard and now I get an error when I go to shut my computer down. The error is "sgmainhas caused an error in kernel32.dll. If problem persists, try restarting computer". Or, the same message with kernel386.exe. Has anyone seen or heard this? Any suggestions? I can click the close box on the error and everything goes fine. Thanks

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

What version of Windows are you running? Also, what other security software do you have installed? (Such as anti-virus, firewall, etc.)

Thanks,

-Javacool

3. vman

vman Registered Member

What a quick response.

I am running Windows ME. I am running Norton AV, SpyWare Blaster, I run Adaware and spybot as needed.

4. vman

vman Registered Member

Any information as yet?

5. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

I'm still trying to reproduce this problem, but I haven't been able to yet. :doubt:

Do you receive that error when you try to exit SpywareGuard normally? (i.e. Double-click on the red "SG" icon in your system tray, and then use the menus: File>Exit).

Thanks,

-Javacool

6. vman

vman Registered Member

I haven't tried that. I will tonight and let you know. The only time it happens (and it happens every time) is when we do a Start - shut down. I have never tried shutting down spyware guard before shutting down the computer. I'll try it tonight and let you know. As I said, it is a nuisance at best, especially when you read logs from other folks!!!! Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.